What's new

hello and hellooooo

Murfman

Warming-Up
May 29, 2012
hey everyone, Evan here! Im from New york city originally but recently took a job in japan to try something new and different. im really happy to have found TCC because i have no one to ride with here in japan.

Back in new york i have:
carbon torelli road bike with camp parts i put together
samson track bike i built up over a few years
santa cruise mountain bike (haven't used it in years)

dont have any pictures of my bikes on my comp but i found some google pictures of my track bike locked up. Apparently some hipster with a camera found it and had a field day with it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashae/4628633827/ the pink samson

dont have a bike in japan yet but im currently working on finding one

hope i get a chance to ride with some of you guys soon. im really looking forward to exploring tokyo on a bike and seeing some nice routes.

PS. if anyone is selling a bike, TELL ME PLEASE!

Once you get your bike sorted out:

If I you want to meet other cyclists and do anything from casual to slightly advanced group rides, with socializing a primary objective, I recommend Half Fast Cycling. They do rides on most weekends, weather permitting. There is a monthly get together every second Wednesday of the month at the Pink Cow restaurant in Shibuya.

If you're more into fast rides or a lot of climbing or more distance (or a combination thereof), keep an eye on the Unofficial Tours & Short Runs section, where people post their planned rides.

Once you get your bike sorted out:

If I you want to meet other cyclists and do anything from casual to slightly advanced group rides, with socializing a primary objective, I recommend Half Fast Cycling. They do rides on most weekends, weather permitting. There is a monthly get together every second Wednesday of the month at the Pink Cow restaurant in Shibuya.

If you're more into fast rides or a lot of climbing or more distance (or a combination thereof), keep an eye on the Unofficial Tours & Short Runs section, where people post their planned rides.

this sounds perfect! its been a few months so im definitely going to start slow since iv been on a no exercise and and mass family chicken diet haha. iv been to the pink cow before thanks to the tokyo cooney videos, will be meeting you guys there. what time do you guys usually show up?

Most people arrive around 7:00 pm and order food and drinks :beer:

If there is a speaker or video, etc that tends to be a bit later, from around 8:00, when most people have finished their food. Sign up for the Half Fast mailing list and you'll be notified of any special events for the social night, as well as the planned rides.

Hi Evan,

Welcome to TCC, and to Japan!

I know a guy who wants to sell a road bike (Cinelli frame, I believe).
It's not a fixie, and he lives in southern Chiba, but if you're interested I'll ask him the size and all.
Just let me know.

Cheers,
Chikako

Hello Murfman, and welcome to TCC!

I second Joe's recommendation. I hope to see you on a ride soon.

Kevin

iv been to the pink cow before thanks to the tokyo cooney videos, will be meeting you guys there. what time do you guys usually show up?

Well, thanks to this thread I have also just now discovered the Haldfast group, and I too will be going to the monthly meeting for the first time next week. Thought you might like to know you're not going to be the only newbie there. See y'all then.-mr.Lou

Back
Top Bottom