What's new

Hello and はじめまして

chazzer

Speeding Up
Nov 23, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have been rediscovering the joys of cycling this last couple of years. I commute everyday (well almost!) on my flat bar Scott and have a weekend trophy bike which I use on the river cycle paths when it is not raining or windy. It is a bit of an indulgence really but I think I deserve it at my age !

I have never been in a club or ridden a race or even ridden with another bunch of riders although I did try (and failed) to get up Norikura this summer ! Hence Project Minus Ten which is really why I am riding - to get in shape, lose 10kg and try Norikura again next summer.

So if you have any ideas and recommendations for day rides out of Tokyo then I would love to hear them.

Thanks everyone !!

Chazzer

Hi Chazzer-san,

welcome to TCC! :welcome:

You did Norikura!? (one of the steepest and most popular hill climb) :eek:
I have been longing to run the highest road in Japan (not race, just run or push my bike :warau:).
How was the view from Norikura? It must be beautiful. I envy you.

I am looking forward to seeing you!

Hello everyone,

I have been rediscovering the joys of cycling this last couple of years. I commute everyday (well almost!) on my flat bar Scott and have a weekend trophy bike which I use on the river cycle paths when it is not raining or windy. It is a bit of an indulgence really but I think I deserve it at my age !

I have never been in a club or ridden a race or even ridden with another bunch of riders although I did try (and failed) to get up Norikura this summer ! Hence Project Minus Ten which is really why I am riding - to get in shape, lose 10kg and try Norikura again next summer.

So if you have any ideas and recommendations for day rides out of Tokyo then I would love to hear them.

Thanks everyone !!

Chazzer

Norikura

Norikura nearly killed me. I was totally unprepared really and just went along for the hell of it. Onsen was great though !

I managed about 14 kms of the climb out of 22kms and just could not get my breathing and heart rate back under control although my legs were doing ok I think !

Anyway - here`s a picture from about half way up. It is a truly stunning place. Recommended !!

Youkoso!

Welcome Chazzer-San! Are you planning to attend the Bonen-Kai?:)

Hill climbing is indeed quite a challenge!

Phil,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I should be able to make it OK but will have to check family plans.
:rolleyes:

On another topic - do you or anyone else have any recommendations abut where to go once you reach the end of the Tamagawa cycle path ? I have been out there a couple of times and thought that Okutama must be in reach but did not prepare well enough to just go for it !

Back
Top Bottom