What's new

Heart rate monitor Gel

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all
I have almost finished the heart rate monitor gel that I use to get a good contact between my skin and the electrodes on my heart rate monitor. I seem to remember asking if anyone knew where I could get hold of some in Japan. If my memory serves me correctly, @Half-Fast Mike posted a link to either Amazon japan or Rakuten with the stuff I was looking for. I have searched the forum but can@t for the life of me find the post. Could anyone point me in the right direction agan please?

Thanks

You rang, m'lud?

#7 in this thread.

P.S. I searched for 'electrode' to find it.

Not sure whether to post this here or to restart the thread that Mike references. Anyway here it is...

I don't understand why the monitor can't go on your wrist like a watch strap. An ANT-based device like a small watch would work well - the back of a watch gets better contact with the skin and won't move about as much. I dislike the chest strap and also, more often than not forget to even put it on (until 500m down the road with no signal on the display!). A little watch with inbuilt HRM would something useful i would remember to put on befoe the ride
I might even try putting the existing Garmin HRM I have on my wrist this evening to see if that works. If it does an old watch strap will quickly be sacrificed.
Hey, you never know, I might be competing with Apple on the to-be-launched watch market by next year....

I don't understand why the monitor can't go on your wrist like a watch strap.
As we've seen, it can. It's good to have a choice of gadget fix.

For a long time the optical technology was prohibitively expensive and only really suitable for use in medical/clinical environments, not active sports.

Personally I dislike wearing a watch, especially when cycling.

I think there are some cheap running watches that take your pulse from your wrist but I believe they aren't very reliable.
I don't mind wearing a chest strap at all actually.

Do you happen to know any cheap chest straps or watches that record continuous heart rate data (without needing an external phone or device to record)?

Do you happen to know any cheap chest straps or watches that record continuous heart rate data (without needing an external phone or device to record)?
They certainly exist as medical devices for ambulatory biometric logging. But that'd cost an arm an a leg. For consumer level, I can't see what the market would be.

Unless...

1063747-1261078579132_super.jpg

You mean just a heart rate strap with internal memory? Like Mike said, they exist but they are used for patients with heart problems and not for sports people. Would be far cheaper just buying a cheap garmin watch that logs your HR.

Back
Top Bottom