What's new

Headlight Reccommennddattionn

George5

Maximum Pace
Oct 16, 2014
Looking for a USB rechargeable Headlight that isn't super pricey and easy to take on and off. Was looking for under a 1万円 purchase. Anything out there? I have tried Giant and Blackburn and both them sucked.

Do you want to use it to "see" with, or do you want something so that you'll "be seen?"

Good question, a compromise of both but more be seen. It's for night commuting on lit streets.

These are sold under a few different names, but the BB Boro lights are small and pack a hell of a punch, both back and front are super bright. Sturdy metal construction and come with a an easy to remove rubber mount and also helmet mount. Only 4245yen, recommend the rear light heartily too.

Amazon product ASIN

I have lights to see...
I have a 1600, 1000, 750 , & 350 Lumen lights.

the 1600 and 1000 are pricey and for night MTB rides.
The 700 was used when I would do late night road rides in the country with no street lights.
The 350 was used when I would commute. Depending on the time of year, I left the house when it was dark out.

Both the 700 and 350 are NiteRiders and look identical. I liked the fact they were bright and compact.
The 350 was adequate, however I found I used the 700 on low beam the most and found it the best compromise of lighting and battery life.
If in the city, ever the 350 would work well.

http://www.niterider.com/shop-niterider-urban-commuter-bike-lights/

I have used Niterider on and off over the last twenty - thirty years. Had a ton of Cateye as well but the new models of both look really similar. Might do a coin toss or see what the LBS has on sale. Thanks all. I still like my DiNotte but the battery charging is a pain in the butt.

Not sure if they still have them, but y-road had a big sale on some older lyzene lights a few months back. Can't remember the model but they were around 5000 yen reduced from over 10,000.

Cateye volt are great and I like my moon 300 and 1500.

My choise is aliexpress.com
1. accumulator 18650 with voltage controller (х 4 or 6 items)
2. charger with 2 position (enough for 1 hour every night riding)
3. flashlight (2 items with changeable focus (about 120 g per item) (1 accum for 1 flashlight)
4. flashlight (1 item with constant focus to the helmet, about 110 g (empty))
5. holder to the handbar (2 items)

http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/HL-EL625RC/

I got one of these on Yahoo Auctions. I can swap the batteries out when these wear down after about a 300 charges and it has the see and been seen feature. I also like that it is a bit bigger than some of the smaller and newer ones. Big is better. We'll see how it goes.

To consider: My smaller/smallest lights, while enough for the 'see me' or 'be seen' function, are also the most annoying to turn on/off, or to adjust the beam from blink to hi to low. They're okay at a stop light, but when rolling it's hard to work the buttons confidently. (road vibration)

Slightly bigger units seem easier, they've got bigger buttons and more secure mounts.

Back
Top Bottom