What's new

Race haruna TT and HC

Cheers, these are the full results if you are interested:

http://www.haruna-hc.jp/2019/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/6f2640994086191fc6892dcb159217e9.pdf

The top 3 are on another level really. Need to work out how to close that gap!

2nd place Hoshino san is an excellent climber who started time trialling last year with great results. He won the overall (TT and HC combined).

3rd place was the guy in Japanese kit who I had breathing down my neck for motivation!

It's a great event in a great location. Entry fills up in a matter of minutes though...

Andy

Look at those speeds!
I would need to plummeting off a cliff to reach that level. Lots and lots of extremely talented and powerful riders in that list.

The air is a bit thinner at 1,000m, so you go a bit faster, but also a bit more out of breath!

Andy

Well, I can certainly relate to the being out of breath part, and I don't even need to get to 1,000 m to do that! :p

I've scared myself going downhill on those speeds....... let alone climbing.... amazing!

The TT is on an up and down course around the lake. My top speed was 62 on the descent, which is narrow, twisty and a rough road service. I didn't take any risks but I imagine someone with more confidence may have gone faster.

Andy

Quite a lot of DNS. Kind of a shame that you can't show up on the day to get an unfilled slot.

What does OPN mean? Disqualified? Professional?

OPN is Open. So an invited rider. Often a pro or ex pro whose result won't count in the overall standings. So if he came 2nd for example, my position would still be 4th.

As for DNS I suspect they signed up for both the TT and HC. The HC is much more popular, around 7,000 entrants compared to 300 for the TT (although that is the designated capacity I guess.)

Not many events you can just roll up to in Japan unfortunately. We have one here during Obon.

I'll be in the UK this summer, so can hopefully join a Wednesday pay on the night TT...

Andy

Back
Top Bottom