What's new

Haro!

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
I ride for Semas Racing Team out of Shin Matsudo.

Cycling Blog is here...

Cycling Blog is here...

More here... English site for our club

Usually I can be found cycling along the Edo river. I live about 100m from the cycling path so there is no excuse not to ride.

Our club rides every Sunday morning from under the Nagareyama Bridge near Misato train station on the Saitama side from 7:30 a.m. Some people ride till 9:30 some all day...

We often go to Mt. Tsukuba. Sekiyado, Tega Numa, Tokyo Bay, Arakawa, Tone river.
We race mostly Bike Navi and JCRC races.
Our club (2 of them) have more than 100 members....

If you ever ride along the Edo River ask me to give you a tour...

Tora San's home, Kikkoman Soy Sauce factoy, Sekiyado castle, Tone Unga canal is one of the most beautiful spots to see the Cherry Blossoms,

:bike:

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Last July, I have added your club's website to our link directory. Is that you on the picture? Anyhow, thanks for joining our forum, I hope we can ride together once.

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Last July, I have added your club's website to our link directory. Is that you on the picture? Anyhow, thanks for joining our forum, I hope we can ride together once.

that's me... I don't know why I couldn't find this site earlier... been busy I suppose,,,

I'll try to keep up!!!

Great that you finally found the site!
My name's Travis, and I actually live in Shibamata - Tora-san's home.
I've ridden along Edogawa quite a few times - Twice, on the way up to Nikko (an even century from my place).
I think I could go the distance with you guys, but... I'm not sure about the speed!
Kowai yo!
Anyway, I would be very interested in riding with you on one of your Sunday outings - The Misato bridge is 10km from my place.
Are you going for a ride this Sunday? If so, please let me know!
Rubber down! Travis

Great that you finally found the site!
My name's Travis, and I actually live in Shibamata - Tora-san's home.
I've ridden along Edogawa quite a few times - Twice, on the way up to Nikko (an even century from my place).
I think I could go the distance with you guys, but... I'm not sure about the speed!
Kowai yo!
Anyway, I would be very interested in riding with you on one of your Sunday outings - The Misato bridge is 10km from my place.
Are you going for a ride this Sunday? If so, please let me know!
Rubber down! Travis

I'll be there...the main rule for our group rides is HELMET... 7:30 a.m start..there a re a few guys who ride up from Shibamata in our club...justlook for the red,orange, black & white uniforms and jump on the back...

Have you seen the Cuban guy who lives closer to you? He rides a lot past Shibamata... He is fast...the Cuban Missile....

---> YellowGiant 2007 weekly photo page

Thanks for coming this morning. Lucklily I got out of bed and managed to be there for you. That's pretty much the morning ride routine. About 10 of them headed off to Teganuma near Abiko afterwards and about 6 went to Tokyo Bay.

The group you were with in the sprint are quite fast. 3 X A graders, 1 X B, 1 X D, and 1 X E grade. I'm still a D grader and in no hurry to move into C until I can get my weight down a bit. Average speed in JCRC races... S grade 45kph. A grade, 42kph, B grade, 41kph, C grade 40kph, D grade 39kph, E grade 36 to 38kph..approx to give you some idea....

asaren-070121-06.jpg

asaren-070121-08.jpg

Yep! They were fast!

Edogawakikkoman,
Thanks for the message and the photos!
Seriously, I had a great time too. The speed up the river was just right to warm up, but that slight headwind kept the speed down a bit - 27km/h - I can imagine it being about 30-32km/h-ish on a still day.
And you're right, the trip back down the river was really fast! I cannot tell a lie... I got dropped pretty quickly - Those guys just took off, and I couldn't catch them.
But two of the other guys got left behind as well, and we hooked up as a 3-man team again (av.spd: about 39km/h). Then we caught another guy who'd fallen off the front too; the speed went up again, and I was left in "no-man's-land" once more. Finally, about 4km before the Misato bridge, everyone sat up and we all came in as a group.
And you were right! You were only 2-3 minutes back from us.
Anyway, it was great to ride with such a professional group! I'm looking forward to doing it again - an awesome way to improve!
Take care, and I'll probably catch you next week! Travis

Actually, the warm-up is usually 24-26 unless there are only fast guys. We get a lot of beginners and try and keep everybody together for the first half.

To tell you the truth there is not much health benefit at all. The warm up is usually too slow and the sprint too fast. It does give you some good race practise for final sprints and a good guage of fitness but it doesn't really improve your fitness. Some of the guys start earlier and ride by themselves. Some take the serious training after the sprint.

When we finish the sprint there is hot coffee & cola and everybody talks for 30 to 40 minutes before deciding whether to ride somewhere else or go home...

A lot of the beginners only come once because that sprint is just too hard. We've got a pair of elementary school kids who come most weeks as well. Both of them do triathlons. A lot of guys in their 60s as well. One of which is about the 6th fastest guy in the club when he is well, (recovering from a broken collar bone).

The boss wasn't there today and he usually controls the starting speed and he likes to ride ahead to get pics as well so he doesn't want it too fast.

In spring I'll probably ride north in the mornings to Sekiyado and then on the way back pick up the sprint at 8:30 at Shinzakaya

:bike:

Back
Top Bottom