Hakuba Rides

msen

Speeding Up
Aug 27, 2011
Tokyo
Hi, I'm heading up to Hakuba for a long weekend and thinking of trying to squeeze a ride in. Anyone got any good suggestions of routes / rindos / climbs i need to get involved in ? Thanks as always. Mark.

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
R406 is a nice road. If you had more time there are lots of nice roads off this road joining up Togakushhi.

The Tsugaike hill climb course is another option. 20+ km of climbing from R148 up through Tsugaike Kogen (it shows up as a minor road switchbacking its way under the gondola ski lift).

On the other side of the valley and a bit further down towards Itoigawa, R114 from Otari village is also nice. There's a free rotenburo onsen near the top. It looks like you can loop back down to 148 on a rindo, but not sure how passable the road is.

Lots to do in Hakuba for the family. You could always just pop into one of the outdoor shops for advice too. Have a good time.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

msen

Speeding Up
Aug 27, 2011
Tokyo
Thanks Andy. Looks like there are lots of options off R406 and various combination routes/loops back to Hakuba. On sunday I hope to head up to Itoigawa so R114 with an onsen break sounds like a great plan :)