What's new

Hakone Ekiden Ride 2012

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Well its almost that time of year again and I was wondering if anyone is up for the annual Ekiden ride/race this year?

I am interested, but what are the specifics? I'Ve never done one before.

See here for more info!

Sounds fun! Do you guys come back after, I suppose staying down there is impossible given the holiday season and all? It would be a great time to have a shinenkai!!

See here for more info!

Wow, this sounds so much fun, escaping from the runners in front of huge spectators!! Unfortunately I'm away from Tokyo to spend お正月 in central Japan...
For those joining this one: Have a great ride!!

Possibly up for this. Will not know my schedule until monday.

Will let you know.

Me too...

I'm seriously considering doing this again.
Last year was a blast.

Mike - Lets do it.... LSD training begins that day mate..... will have loads of time to ride so let's arrange a meet up point and ride..... thats if all your gear fits.... I have some stuf from when I was 98.8kg that you could borrow!:D

Ekiden Ride 2012 - Manfred von Holstein Memorial Ride

Since Ludwig is out of commission, I suggest we name the event for his blogspot cycling persona.

(And just as the Saiko JCRC event is called the "Nakano Koichi Memorial" event although Nakano Koichi is still very much alive, a "Memorial" for a living person must be acceptable in Japlish, so I hope Ludwig will not take offense).

I think I may have persuaded my two sons to do this ride with me this year, at least to Odawara. Neither is in cycling practice/shape ... so if they follow through then we will try to get further ahead of the runners than the TCC group and go at a more relaxed pace. If all goes well, we can cheer you as you pass us somewhere near Odawara.

If they do not come, then I would be delighted to join the group at the same location as last year (rendezvous a few kms beyond Yokohama Station) and do the Hakone climb.

David, what time do you suggest we meet at the Route 1- Route 16 Junction?

Hi David - what an honour... :)

Let me try to get out somewhere convenient en route so I can cheer you guys riding by!

Otemachi starters?

I'm thinking of joining. Anyone who knows the route and plans to start at Otemachi?

I'll be watching from Aomori. The news cams actually caught a few views of the cyclists - so wear your kits proud!

I'm thinking of joining. Anyone who knows the route and plans to start at Otemachi?

Yair- why not come straight down route 16 and meet me and Mike Sly?

i would love to do this, but i don't know if i'd be able to finish the climb fast enough to stay ahead of the runners. if the weather and my physical condition are good i'll try and get to one of the meeting points.

Back
Top Bottom