What's new

Hachioji - Okutama Road Race (9/9)

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
http://www.tokyo-cf.jp/schedule/2502.html

The course looks good to me - it even takes in one of the boobs of the boob ride - just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what kind of race it will be as I am pretty clueless. I have ridden in a few races here before but that was 10 years ago and with help from some friends.

This is mighty official, took me a while to decipher. Only open to selected amateurs, registered as a team from each prefecture. So looks like no go for us mere mortals. They should have just put a disclaimer on top. You could try calling the jcf office in your prefecture to find out if they have free spots, but ill doubt that will work since the registration closed last month.

Might be a good opportunity to ride Tomin no mori on closed roads when they do their reconnaissance between 15-17 on Saturday. If they let you in...

Lastly, there seems to be no information encouraging watching the race?!

Thanks, I can see what you mean now. I saw some banners advertising it at Musashiitsukaichi station last week and thought it would be a nice thing to do. I'll start looking for some other less exclusive race to join.

Might be a good opportunity to ride Tomin no mori on closed roads when they do their reconnaissance between 15-17 on Saturday. If they let you in...

Last year on Sat, Sep 8 I headed up TnM for some BOOB but had to turn around at the TnM entrance because of this race. That was around 10:15 in the morning. I could not climb to Kazahari Toge or descend to the lake. From what I gathered, they might have let me past if I lived down that way or was associated with the race in some way.

Ok this is part of the prefectural championships and anyone can enter - although you need to do so way back as many people want the prefectural champion jersey. Tim Kendal and also Andy have represented their prefectures in the past and should be able to give more information on this.

The second race I think this is part of the Tokyo Hillclimb race series and open to everyone - Yair and Naomi will be able to fill you in on this.

Back
Top Bottom