What's new

GS Astuto Premes!

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I am going to place selected items as 'preme' packages for some events. If you want to register (or notify) me for this , here is what I'm asking:

1) Let me use a picture of you taken at the event.
2) Please let me know you want to participate in this activity.

Here's how it works. I will set a Preme based on my own discretion and then publish it here. If you are the lucky winner, then you get the package!

Why am I doing this? Because I think racing in Japan should be fun and rewarding at all levels. And of course I want to promote (a little) some of the cool stuff I'm bringing to the market. This is just a small way to add to the spice of being a TCC'er.

What is a 'Preme' (pronounced 'preem') ? It's a small award set by a sponsor to add a little extra incentive to the racers and deepen the pot a bit. It is generally associated with something significant to the sponsor like a location, corner, etc - but can be anything from the first rider at xxx point - or even the last rider to cross the line!

I'm kicking this off with the Azami HC as follows:

1) Preme(s) will be awarded to the first TCC rider in each division across the 'wash'. This is the point in the course where the road dips down suddenly, then rises up to a stiff climb into the switchback section. If you've ridden the course - you'll know exactly where I'm talking about.

2) If you're the ONLY TCC rider in your division - well, guess what - you will win! As long as you DO cross this line. If you DNF, DNS or somehow fail to cross - then no dice.

Here's the schwag for this Preme:

Preme-Kit.jpg

Lightweight Carbon Bidon Cage. T-700 / 3K cage. Trust me these are nice!
Lightweight Titanium Skewer Set. About 50gr only. Hollow Ti axle with 7075 Alloy levers and nuts.

Tim! Good form mate and this incentive program takes me back to my youth where local shops and some companies would do this. I was lucky enough for USE to have thier HQ just down the road so half the XC MTB races had some really cool stuff by USE.

Here's a quick run down of the Preme Winners for the Fuji Oyama Hillclimb (Azami Line)

1) Naomi
2) Serguei
3) Alan
4) Steven

Did I forget anyone? Congrats to all and please PM me your address so I can send your Preme Prize. Skewers are available in either black or red.

Thanks for the skewers Tim ! Once I clean all the gunk off my bike (next week?) I'll try them out. I will feel a little guilty getting a carbon bottle cage as well, but if you insist ... :D

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom