What's new

GS Astuto Charity BBQ

To clarify the BBQ Payment:

Cost: 6000 yen which includes the Beads of Courage Donation. If you use the Tyler Foundation link separately, then you just need to pay 3000 yen at the BBQ. Tabe /Nomi houdai, mind you. Kids are free and if you're strapped for cash, let me know, we'll work something out. The main goal is to share some common action, great food and give a little support to those who can really use it!

We've had some very generous donations regarding beverages and other goodies, so this is a really great value.

You can sign up and pay directly here:

http://www.gsastuto.com/products-page/events/gs-astuto-shine-on-bbq/

Of course you are welcome to sponsor any ADDITIONAL event riders, too!

Thanks!

Tim (and everyone supporting!)

Just to clarify....

There will be more than skinless chicken and broccoli right tim?:warau:

But in all seriousness is the a rain contingency?

Just to bump this thread and ask a question, the 29th of April is the first weekend of Golden Week, (GW). Often places are a LOT busier during GW, parks are full of people BBQing and parking lots near these places get full.

As for rain, I dunno what we would do, but I just remembered that we have one of those portable awning things that we could bring along and set up. As well as all the drinks and the large cooler box.

Cheers!

I think we can let you have a little more - perhaps a wafer thin bisquit as well. You are on the thin side already. Now, as for Eric.... hehe!

Just to clarify....

There will be more than skinless chicken and broccoli right tim?:warau:

But in all seriousness is the a rain contingency?

Hello Everyone,

On behalf of GS Astuto and The Tyler Foundation I thank you for joining our Summer Shine On! BBQ.
This is a great event to make friends, meet local riders, eat great food and help out the children in Japan.
This will be one of many fun events that we will hold this year and we are glad that you have decided to join us!

The BBQ will be starting at 12:30 and will go on all afternoon. I will be leading a fun ride that starts out at the south enterance to Ueno Park.
To download the route and see the exact meeting place please click on here. This will be a casual pace fun ride for all riders of all levels.
The route chosen is on all back roads that will keep us away from traffic until we reach the river cycling road.

This event will take place unless the weather report from Yahoo.jp shows a higher than 40% chance of rain for Sunday the 29th on Saturday the 28th at 6 pm.
Many of you have already paid your ticket through gsastuto.com but please let your friends know it is ok to pay at the door. We just ask that you send an email to either
myself ([email protected]) or to Tim ([email protected]) so we can make sure to have enough food for everyone.

In the event that it rains on the day of our BBQ, we will reschedule the even the next weekend in hopes of better weather.

I can't wait to enjoy summer with you all,
Eric Edler

By the way - here is some additional information on the location:

http://www.tokyo-bbq.com/bbq/iwabuchi.php There is a free parking space next to it. Conbini is within 500m, other stores within 1km from this area

Cool good to know, My youngest has a cold and my wife won't commit until we can see the weather temp forecast.

So good news that you can pay at the door! I'll fire off a mail the day before if we can make it

Thanks for the flexibility!

Only 3 days left until the GS Astuto Barbeque! Please RSVP by Friday to reserve your spot at our fun spring event! Check out gsastuto.com to RSVP your ticket!

GSAstuto, I have already reserved a spot for myself, but my wife has decided to join the festivities as well. I have tried to convince my teenaged daughters to join, but they have other plans.

As I am familiar with the BBQ area, my wife and I will head there directly from our home and I will pay for her at the event.

Cheers,
Kevin

Thank you for the information, I have updated our info. See you Sunday!

Eric, thanks! I will see you there.

We are getting set up a bit early, if anyone wants to come to the BBQ site now we are available!

A great big THANK YOU to Stu, Eric , Naoko and everyone who helped make our GS Astuto / Shine On! Benefit BBQ a great success! And of course Thanks to those who generously donated to participate in the Beads Of Courage program - you are the REAL HEROES to kids who NEED SUPPORT like this to get through these serious diseases.

I cycled 60 km (Setagaya-Roppongi-Arakawa-Shinjuku-Setagaya). Roppongi-Arakawa was the first ride with my son in a HFC-like setting. He got a chance to try a GS Astuto carbon frame bike, as well as Erik's Di2 bike, both of which impressed him, especially the Di2.

It was good to see so many of us attend the event and help raise money.

The food was delicious and I admit I ate far too much. I should have drunk more instead (there was plenty available too). It was a very warm day and I felt dehydrated on the way back

It was good to meet so many cyclists and friends again and have a chance to talk. Thanks to Tim, Eric and all who worked hard for this event.

Meeting up in Roppongi:

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

Regrouping before the Imperial palace:

IMG_2405.JPG

Yummy, yummy!

IMG_2409.JPG

Tim at the grill, Shintaro getting his second helping:

IMG_2407.JPG

Great food, great people, on a day with great weather, for a great cause, I'd say that was a great day!

Thanks everyone!

My pics are >> Here <<

Thanks, Stu! You must have had a ton of unloading and cleaning to do when you got home (I was amazed how much stuff fit in your little Subaru van). Otsukaresama-deshita!

Back
Top Bottom