What's new

GS Astuto Charity BBQ

EricinIkebukuro

Speeding Up
Jan 30, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I would like to announce that GS Astuto is having a charity BBQ this month. Sunday, April 29th, we will be having our BBQ on the Arakawa cycling road. We will be leading a fun ride from Ueno to the area at 11:30 but you are welcome to head straight to the BBQ at 12:30.

We ask that you donate 6,000 yen when you join our BBQ. With your donation you will receive a Bead of Courage and a card to write a message of hope to a child with cancer as well as a BBQ buffet. We will have great food, drinks and fun! Proceeds go to the Tyler Foundation.

This is a great opportunity to meet other riders, have great food and contribute to a great cause!

If you would like to come please buy your ticket here(kids are free). Please sign up as soon as you can so we can make sure to have enough food and treats for everyone!

If you have any more questions please send me a PM or write it here!

Great Idea!
I would like to attend, I will probably bring the whole fam, So I may come in the car. Will it be held in the park after you cross under the gaikan?

Thanks for the replies! The BBQ location is here. If you would like to join the fun ride it will be starting from the south exit of Ueno Station. Please sign up at gsastuto.com as soon as you can!

I'd like to come and I'll try to convince my wife to come too, is there parking there? Can she come by mini van and bring some stuff for the BBQ?

Cheers!

So I checked out the area around the BBQ site and it looks like there is a business office there. The parking doesnt seem to be public but on sunday I doubt anyone will be there. Also the seem to be a lot of parking areas in the near by neighborhood. If you want to park near the river we can help carry stuff from the van to the BBQ site!

So I checked out the area around the BBQ site and it looks like there is a business office there. The parking doesnt seem to be public but on sunday I doubt anyone will be there. Also the seem to be a lot of parking areas in the near by neighborhood. If you want to park near the river we can help carry stuff from the van to the BBQ site!

Maybe I'll bring my trailer :D

Maybe we should do a special 'Sponsor Stu' event to ride a fully loaded beverage trailer from his store to the BBQ?

Or I guess you could move it further north where there is plenty of parking and a fun tt course to have some time trials after a gut full of BBQ :D

Eric will only get a puncture if we go up there.

I am in, by the way. See you on the 29th.

I have completed my registration...a very easy process. I look forward to meeting TCC members and enjoying good food and drink, while raisng money for a great cause, the Tyler Foundation.

In fact, I did the Shine on challenge during my second Tokyo Marathon. More information about the Tyler Foundation and Shine on Challenges could be the start of another thread.:cool: What do you think Stu?

I have completed my registration...a very easy process. I look forward to meeting TCC members and enjoying good food and drink, while raisng money for a great cause, the Tyler Foundation.

In fact, I did the Shine on challenge during my second Tokyo Marathon. More information about the Tyler Foundation and Shine on Challenges could be the start of another thread.:cool: What do you think Stu?

I'm up for a challenge!

Thank you guys for all the support! The sign up deadline will be the 25th so if anyone else is interested in joining us please sign up soon! Don't forget to go to gsastuto.com and purchase your ticket!

Is there a link on the Tyler Foundation site? I can't find it, we are trying to line up some sponsors, would be good if there was a link to the party on the Tyler site. :D

you are right, I don't see much about us on their site. I'll have to talk with them and make sure we are getting publicity!

Back
Top Bottom