What's new

GS Astuto 50mm Standard Clinchers

Another tip

I always warm up the tyre with a hair dyer first. Then it will mount very easily. And I hear that popping them in a clothes dryer for a few minutes also works.

I finally had the chance to test the wheels. We have been having rain every day. The summer has been quite a wet one so far and quite different from previous years.
It was a windy day which was a good opportunity to test how the wheels would perform in strong wind. As expected, it was hard riding in cross winds. I had to apply the brakes on a few occasions because it was unsteady ~60km/h riding speed and 35km/h winds. But when the wind was in the back or the front, the wheels performed great. Climbing did not disappoint. The wheels are stiff yet seem to take away some of the road vibration. Can't wait to race with them.
Thanks Tim

Jon

Hi Jon - thanks for the feedback! Your response is pretty in line with other riders. Sounds like you were hitting some pretty good speeds! For crosswinds of this strength, I'd probably suggest a 50 /38 or even 24 front combination. But once you're in a peleton, you will have less buffeting - so the 50 /50 makes a pretty good all around. And weight is low enough so you don't sacrifice acceleration and decelleration power.

Another tip

I always warm up the tyre with a hair dyer first. Then it will mount very easily. And I hear that popping them in a clothes dryer for a few minutes also works.

This is a horrible idea. I really have never heard of this and have been working in the cycling industry for close to 15 years and building bikes for 25.

Back
Top Bottom