What's new

GROUP BUYS

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I'm putting together some bulk orders for essentials and propose a group buy if anyone is interested.

Mainly:

1) Veloflex. We purchase directly from Veloflex factory and since the orders are queued by dealer / team, it's best to get as many pre-ordered in a single time. Our spot is more or less fixed and expected delivery is February. I will order 23C Tubular Carbons, 23C Corsa and 25C Corsa. For any TCC'ers who want to join, then they can get 20% discount from the standard MSRP in Japan. This works out to be roughly 8500 yen total /tire (tubular) compared to 11,000 yen (Wiggle) or more than 14,000 yen (local) pricing. Minimum order per person is 2 tires. Veloflex is considered the best all purpose event tire and is 100% handmade in Italy in the same Bergamo factory since 1981.

2) Consumables. Like Cafe Latex, tubes, etc. We have account with most distributors (and growing). If the order qty is higher then we all benefit by better discounts at the factory level.

3) Carbon stuff. I think the target items here would be bottle cages, spacers and other small parts that everyone uses a few times each year. The more I pack into a box or space in between my rim / frame shipments saves alot of money on shipping.

This offer is for TCC members only as my general contribution to the 'club' and a way to keep jamming econo.

If you are interested - then post some 'wants' in this thread, and I can formulate the orders based on that. FYI Veloflex order will be finalized by next Friday - so time is of essence there. Of course I can order periodically, but due to the general season , any orders after first week of October get pushed farther into the season and you're likely to miss the spring races. As for other parts - I generally order from factories on a monthly basis - so those could be more or less ongoing. But again - the volumes required to make this happen are generally in the 25-50 pieces range per order. So, I wont be doing a 'Group Buy' for say 5 bottle cages - it needs to be at least 50.

Interested in tubes, 40-50mm with removable cores. 10 or so. I've only really seen Vittoria or Schwalbe here. If there are other choices I'd be interested to hear, also how cheap they might get.

oh, also interested in cheap water bottles. I like using cheap ones for sugared drinks, I wouldn't keep them around for too long. Freebies type ones would be great, happy to be an advertising donkey for whatever is on them. :)

Tubes look good. I'll post some quotes on a few. Michelin, Vredestein and Maxxis generally have aggressive deals. @Quicksilver - ok, I'll put you in the pool for 4. I'll check on bottles - I prefer the BPA free, recyclable, uncolored, or just printed ones. What do you think? 500ml or the larger 700ml? Both? I know a decent factory for these in the Shenzhen gulch.

Oh, yeah - the 'jet valve' is available, so would people prefer that or the more traditional plunger valve? The ones I've seen are pretty decent - not as high quality perhaps as the Podium bottles, but they function well and no issues to dump them (recyclable and biodegradable). Bear in mind , the EA free, biodegradable bottles don't last too long - the exposure to UV will start the degrading process within a few months or year. The jet valves are usually constructed of polycarbonate with silicone valve. So - that part should be disposed of separately. (Or re-used).

Oh, yeah - the 'jet valve' is available, so would people prefer that or the more traditional plunger valve? The ones I've seen are pretty decent - not as high quality perhaps as the Podium bottles, but they function well and no issues to dump them (recyclable and biodegradable). Bear in mind , the EA free, biodegradable bottles don't last too long - the exposure to UV will start the degrading process within a few months or year. The jet valves are usually constructed of polycarbonate with silicone valve. So - that part should be disposed of separately. (Or re-used).

Let's do it. Jet, baby.

Depending on price I might be interested in about 10 or so jet valve 700ml bottles. Maybe more. Jet are the squeeze and the water squirts out type right?

Yes . Exactly. The standard plunger valve requires you to pull or push it.
Depending on price I might be interested in about 10 or so jet valve 700ml bottles. Maybe more. Jet are the squeeze and the water squirts out type right?

Here's a couple photos of the new 'weight weenie' cages available . Generic open mold. Done in UD carbon this time. I have been buying carbon parts from this fab for more than 4yrs now, they have always provided good quality parts and friendly service. I don't use them so much for 'mission critical' stuff like forks, rims and bars - but for accessory items they are great. They do alot of outsource for popular big brands.

GSCBC022.jpg
GSCBC023.jpg

Roughly 1500 yen (TCC). MSRP on the new ones will be about 4000 yen. You can generally spot these on Alibaba (and the 7 thieves) for about $20-30/ea (depending the trading company that is pimping them).

What is a rough price on cages?

Roughly 1500 yen (TCC). MSRP on the new ones will be about 4000 yen. You can generally spot these on Alibaba (and the 7 thieves) for about $20-30/ea (depending the trading company that is pimping them).

I would be up for 5 cages. And some of the bottles (700's - any nozzle).

tim - i'd b up for 4 weight weeny bottle cages, 4 700 ml jet boottles, and a stack of spacers

OK - I'll get the following cooked up:

1) Weight weenie cages. Seems enough people are interested, and they move quickly in our other channels.
2) 700ml and 500ml Bottles -- I'm leaning towards the jet valves as best choice.
3) Spacers - yeah, I need to get 1000 of them and they are always used.
4) Veloflex order will close this coming Friday. I have deadline to secure it.
5) Tubes and general consumables. I'll make a special TCC ONLY price on these. Since anytime I can boost order qty, the pricing drops significantly (generally MOQ 100pc)

Tim, can you give me a roufgh idea of pricing for jet valve 700ml bottles either here or PM? I have a rugby team that could us a set or two.

Oh and put me down for two cages.

Last edited:
I'd be in for 2 or 3 bottle cages.

Also, be interested in the new Conti 4000s Color tires to be released early next year

Back
Top Bottom