What's new

Grinding sound/feeling - headset area

To answer your question, I removed the stem and bars at one time in order to fit into the bike box for shipping. A this time everything was working correctly, and there were no issues packing it (the forks did not fall, no parts moving etc.) When I unpacked the bike and was putting the bike back together I picked it up and the forks fell halfway out and thats when the top bearing piece and the carbon thing that goes on top came loose.

After a light reassembling everything, the grinding is gone - not smooth but not grinding, but it still is not in sitting right and is basically loose and making noise/moving a little.

No idea whats up, so I will take it to my LBS.

Thanks for tying to help

To answer your question, I removed the stem and bars at one time in order to fit into the bike box for shipping. A this time everything was working correctly, and there were no issues packing it (the forks did not fall, no parts moving etc.) When I unpacked the bike and was putting the bike back together I picked it up and the forks fell halfway out and thats when the top bearing piece and the carbon thing that goes on top came loose.

After a light reassembling everything, the grinding is gone - not smooth but not grinding, but it still is not in sitting right and is basically loose and making noise/moving a little.

No idea whats up, so I will take it to my LBS.

Thanks for tying to help

Just caught up on this thread, what are you doing to my old girlfriend ??! ;-)

I wont add much to the confusion over here, just take it to a LSB. But I will point out that the headset for your Sempre (my old bike) is not the above mentioned IS 42, but the the FSA Orbit CE Plus (http://www.fullspeedahead.com/storage/insidetech/items/EN_c3231460-26d3-4778-bba6-8c7f530f6a7c_Orbit CE Plus.pdf)

just in case you where about to order something.

Good luck!

...which is exactly the same as the IS42 in components and assembly.
Yes, assemply is the same, however the lower bearing is not a 1.5" bearing on the 2012 Sempre which doesn't have a tapered fork steerer compared to the 2013, 2014 which have.

holy $hit. Just get someone more knowledgeable with bike mechanics to fix it for you. And buy that person beer (not happosyu).

This should literally take 30 seconds to check.

Also, for your grease question (if you go solo on this) grease the headset, and races. Do not put grease between the stem and steerer tube.

Just smash the lower bearing in with a hammer. It will help eliminate harmonic resonance.

Post of the week right there.

With regards to grease: Stop greasing your pole and just get on with it.

I really can't work out if this thread is a troll or not - either way enjoying it.

appendectomy0.jpg

Complicated things;

-Assembly Programming and all derivatives

Start with simple Boolean Algebra and then work up to 6XXX or X86
adosseg
.model small
.stack 100h

.data
hello_message db 'Hello, World!',0dh,0ah,'$'

.code
main proc
mov ax,@data
mov ds,ax

mov ah,9
mov dx,offset hello_message
int 21h

mov ax,4C00h
int 21h
main endp
end main

-Working out dynamic fatigue stress flow in 7075-T6 aluminium

Standard approach of FEA works fine. Boeing used tensor algorithms for years and special slide rules. (My dad still has his) . Tons of info on this and lots of nice modeling software.

-Modelling realistic hair in Blender

Glad that's your job and not mine! If I had to do it, I'd just hire a Chinese or Vietnamese modeling GFX team.

-Getting nVidia Quadro graphics cards to work in Linux.

We have no issues with them on the encoding package we deploy to JSTREAM. Though, prefer the TESLA board.

-Working out when Andromeda will collide with The Milky Way

Hawkins anyone? Electric sheep?

Not complicated things;

-Opening a Snickers bar and eating it

Pre-rip and store? Smush and gel it? Frozen? Too many choices.

-Putting a shirt on the correct way round

Jobs solved that conundrum by always wearing non-directional turtle tees.
I still mess it up from time to time.

-Headsets

Agreed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is really starting to deliver on the Lolz

Wasn't saying I have been stumped by any of that stuff, just that it registered as being slightly more complex than other stuff.

Had 68K down by the time I was 13 years old, thanks to a Dave Jones' Blood Money code-through in Amiga Shopper. Once I had that under my belt, and had broken my brain in, the rest was just fine tuning.

when you can understand the rules to Adeptus Titanicus or WarHammer by the age of 12 everything else is just FSA compression headsets.

Ultramarine Blue
Terracotta Brown
Crimson Orange
Sunburst Yellow?
Rat Brown?
Imperial Grey

Complicated things;

-Assembly Programming and all derivatives
-Working out dynamic fatigue stress flow in 7075-T6 aluminium
-Modelling realistic hair in Blender
-Getting nVidia Quadro graphics cards to work in Linux.
-Working out when Andromeda will collide with The Milky Way

Not complicated things;

-Opening a Snickers bar and eating it
-Putting a shirt on the correct way round
-Headsets

Saw this, and somehow thought of this thread:

dt140209.jpg

'kin ell those paint pots bring back some memories.

Eldar Harlequins (original rules) FTW. So incredibly overpowered.

Back
Top Bottom