What's new

Greetings

theDude

Maximum Pace
Oct 7, 2011
Hello, new member here, newbie at best for cycling.

Have had a little used mountain bike turned hybrid, recently procured a road bike to try and spend some time pedaling around.

Look forward to meeting some other folks and getting out on the road!

Apologies in advance for dumb questions and superficial use of Search functionality! :)

Welcome to the forums!

Let me save some time by answering the most frequently-asked questions before you have them.

1. Yes, Travis (YellowGiant) did that not so long ago. Read his post about it.

2. The Mont Bell one is very light and easy to use, but expensive.

3. The rubber part is designed to remain pointing downward and in contact with the road.

4. Nobody knows, because they don't offer order tracking. Be patient.

5. Implement Rule 5 for four weeks then ask again.

6. Yes, they are basically idiots and should be given a wide berth.

Hope that helps!

7/. yes it does suck but thats the law so you are going to have to live with it.

8/. Clay won

9/. HTFU

10/. Just use some old newspapers until you can afford a good one.

Despite James' apparent sense of authority on these matters, I would suggest this is a false economy. Newspapers really don't perform in the wet. Better to use the real article from the start or you may experience severe damage to your bike and or personal injury.

Nick found this out the hard way. The surgeons did what they could but it took three hours just to wipe the smile off his face.

There's no substitute for a proper seat post.

7/. yes it does suck but thats the law so you are going to have to live with it.

8/. Clay won

9/. HTFU

Wow, you guys are amazing! Got most everything covered....

#7 I'll drill into a bit more separately. I've been in japan long enough to be comfortable with the phrase, just no idea which "laws" apply to bicycles.

Back
Top Bottom