Help greetings tokyo cycling club!

missmurrr

Warming-Up
Feb 21, 2012
washington, dc
kiwisimon has pointed the way to you. i will be in tokyo for a few days starting april 24 and leaving hachinohe may 4. i need your guys help though. i'm an avid cyclist. do most of my own wrenching, own 4 bikes, the works. a big dream of mine is to see a keirin race while in japan. i know the takichawa velodrome won't have racing until the end of the last week of april. after that, i am a bit clueless. also, i don't read japanese, so the google translate only goes so far with the velodrome websites. are any other velodrome in/near tokyo holding keirin races april 25-27? after that, is there any velodromes by the aomori prefecture until may 4? any suggestions would be great. also, bike rentals in tokyo AND an address to a cat cafe?

thanks a ton for all your help. i love the kit!! eyeing the white version to rock here in dc.

mary : :bike:

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Hey, welcome and I hope the friendly folk here can help with finding a keirin meet to get to. Final orders for the kit is this Monday, good to see a girl ordering one.

Sep 2, 2009
Hi!

I sometimes go here to see the Keirin;

http://www.keirin-saitama.jp/omiya/

There is always stuff on there, and it is next to a nice big park. I would be happy to give you more info about the races there. There are races on the days you want to go (also 25th April is my birthday, and I usually go out on the lash / gambling, so I will probably be going down there anyway on that day).

About the kit; thanks for the interest. Please follow the instructions on how to order in the thread devoted to it.

Cheers!

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Hi!

About the kit; thanks for the interest. Please follow the instructions on how to order in the thread devoted to it.

Cheers!
M..., Owen is the dude that designed the kit and got the great deal from Wiggle, sounds like Omiya track is a good option, I used to go their about 15 years ago. Thanks Owen.

Alan

Cruising
Apr 2, 2008
Nishihara
There is a full race calendar in Japanese if you have someone who can help parse it: http://keirin.jp/pc/dfw/dataplaza/guest/racecalendar?NEN=2012&MON=04

There are races in Odawara April 24-26 which would combine well with an excursion to Hakone. I have seen the shuttle bus at Odawara station (reachable by shinkansen from Tokyo or Odakyu line from Shinjuku among others) but not gone to that track. Also in Aomori City May 2-4 apparently. The crowd at keirin tends to be chainsmoking compulsive gamblers so be forewarned.