What's new

Greetings from Tsukuba, Ibaraki (2)

toQDuj

Warming-Up
Sep 25, 2014
Hi all.

Avid cyclist with my most fun bike in pieces (have been waiting for Wiggle for two months to get their act together and repair my rear wheel). In the mean time, I cycle on an orange recumbent, sometimes with my family.
The orange recumbent and part of Tsukuba can be seen in this video:
The Commute
While it's very (very) fast, the lack of infrastructure (good bike paths without so many friggin' poles) in Tsukuba make it unwieldy. So I decided to build a FR mountain bike from parts at the beginning of this year. It has been fun throughout the city, but the rear wheel had odd noises coming out of it so I sent it back. Cue ominous music. Fortunately, I found on this forum that I've not been the only one with Wiggle issues.

Anyway, if anyone wants to go for a MTB ride around here, let me know! My goal is to cycle down Tsukuba mountain one day.

Great vid. I'll be sure to say hi if I see you coming my way. I've always had a bit of a thing for recumbents ever since reading the book Computing Across America by Steven K. Roberts way back in 1989, shortly after it was published in 1988. Have never ridden one though.

caa-cover-amazon-189x300.jpg

On one of my rides recently In Tsukuba I saw an old recumbent in someone's yard, half hidden under an old tarp. Didn't look like it had been moved in years.

Back
Top Bottom