What's new

Greetings from Northern California

Team Murray

Warming-Up
Aug 27, 2009
My name is Tom and I live in Los Altos, next town over from Palo Alto.

I have been an avid cyclist since college (1982-6) back in Cambridge, MA. Worked in the country's oldest bike shop, Bicycle Exchange, during college to make money and get the employee discount. Been following US cycling since the early 7-11 team days and raced for MIT.

I come to Japan 2-3 times a year and found that the retail prices in Japan are much better there, even in Tokyo. I typically shop at Sekiya, Map Sports and Nalisma. Are there better shops inside the Yamanote ring?

My current bike is a 2008 Ridley Noah with Campy Record and Fulcrum Zeros.

I am looking at buying a Delta 7 Ascend. It is the best riding frame that I have ever tried. Currently, I am trying to interest Daisuke Imanaka of Intermax to import them in Japan. Anyone have any other connections of someone who maybe interested?

Let me know what you think of the Delta 7 Ascend

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbtmjVu2ZNGLK5g

Cheers
Tom aka "Team Murray"

again from further north in california

I too am from California,San Francisco I first visited tokyo in 1986 and will be partaking in the 2009 cycle messenger world championships in tokyo this coming month. I ride all types of wheels from unicycles to tandems with my specialty niche being the moving of freight. I found this site in the process of doing research on the shikoku pilgramage of 88 places , some of which I have been to by bike, and figured this community might also be intrested in the upcoming CMWC and surrounding events... I look forward to meeting up with you and taking a spin next time I visit tokyo all the best erik ZO

Ugly

Wow that is about the ugliest bike I have ever seen. Sure, performance is what matters but....
And, is that aerodynamic? Doesn't it whistle like a paratooper without underwear? And how do you clean it? Does it come with a free bag of pipe cleaners?
Sorry, I Just don't get it. But then again I am pretty old school. I still use toe clips and put whisky in my water bottle...

:)
My name is Tom and I live in Los Altos, next town over from Palo Alto.

I have been an avid cyclist since college (1982-6) back in Cambridge, MA. Worked in the country's oldest bike shop, Bicycle Exchange, during college to make money and get the employee discount. Been following US cycling since the early 7-11 team days and raced for MIT.

I come to Japan 2-3 times a year and found that the retail prices in Japan are much better there, even in Tokyo. I typically shop at Sekiya, Map Sports and Nalisma. Are there better shops inside the Yamanote ring?

My current bike is a 2008 Ridley Noah with Campy Record and Fulcrum Zeros.

I am looking at buying a Delta 7 Ascend. It is the best riding frame that I have ever tried. Currently, I am trying to interest Daisuke Imanaka of Intermax to import them in Japan. Anyone have any other connections of someone who maybe interested?

Let me know what you think of the Delta 7 Ascend

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbtmjVu2ZNGLK5g

Cheers
Tom aka "Team Murray"

What kind of link is this?

Won't open for me..... --> share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbtmjVu2ZNGLK5g

;)

Ascend%20BKG%20flat.jpg

I have to agree that its not as good looking as a black/red/white Pinarello Prince or a Pegoretti. But it sure rides much better than any monocoque or lub/tube frame.
In fact, the UK time trial champion, Neil Coleman, prefers to ride the road frame setup as a TT bike. Also a women's pro team sprinter in the US has found she can peak out sprint with 200 more watts than on her Giant TCR Advanced. The team switched to these frames, foregoing free frames from Giant, and paid for the D7 Ascends. Bahati, the Rock Racing sprinter, won several races on this frame but was forced back to his Kestrel by the team sponsor. (Unfortunately, you can paint it and hide its origin like steel bikes.)

As far as aerodynamics, it was tested in a wind tunnel and proved to better than a solid round tube (there is no turbulent air created behind the tube) since its cross section does not create a low pressure region behind the tube.

The only way I can explain is that the tubes are are really tuned. THe concept takes the lug/tube to the next level. In the CF bike frames, there have been 2 major comcepts:

tube/lug: conceived by Vitus, improved by Calfee and mastered by Colnago, Look and Parlee

monocoque or semi-monocoque: conceived by Aegis, improved by Trek OCLV, and mastrered by many

This concept really expands the CF design arena because it truely takes adavantage of composite technology in developing a tuned tube that has material in exactly the orientation that is required by the task.

If you are going to be at Interbike then go to the booth and have a look.

Wow that is about the ugliest bike I have ever seen. Sure, performance is what matters but....
And, is that aerodynamic? Doesn't it whistle like a paratooper without underwear? And how do you clean it? Does it come with a free bag of pipe cleaners?
Sorry, I Just don't get it. But then again I am pretty old school. I still use toe clips and put whisky in my water bottle...

:)

Back
Top Bottom