What's new

Greetings from Hino-shi (Tokyo)

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
Hi everyone

I live out in Hino-shi and go for regular rides on Sunday mornings to the mountains and the coast. Some of the routes we hit are Okutama, Uenohara and Enoshima. I'm from Perth and have been bouncing back and forth between here and there since 2000. I've only been into cycling for a couple of years and am keen to learn and meet others who have been bitten by the same bug.

I enjoy getting out of the house and the physical challenge of medium distance cycling (typically around 100km or less) and I also enjoy messing around with the mechanical side of things. I built my current bike, it was my first effort at this so I made plenty of mistakes along the way but it was a very satisfying result. I'd love to start a new build, but I'm going to have to negotiate with my better half for the space ;>

I'm glad I found this website and I look forward to talking to you all. Hit me up if you live out this way or are planning a ride out here. Take care.

Conrad

Welcome, Conrad.

What bike do you ride - any pics?

And, do you do Strava?
There's a TCC club. It should give you a good idea of who rides where at what speeds.

I'm often out in Oume/Hinode in the warmer months.

Hi Sibreen

I built a Gianni Motta with a carbon fork, the groupset is a combination of bits that I already had and picked up on the web.
Heres an early pic, Ive since changed the horrible seat and the stark white bar tape (which didnt stay stark white for very long) :) Thanks for the heads up on the app, Ill check it out. Ive been through Oume a few times, theres some great scenery out that way. Have you hit Naguri Lake before?
bike.jpeg

I live in Hanno, so Naguri Lake is local.
From the lake, there's a great road up to Arima Pass and down to Chichibu Sakurako.

@Sibreen ...do you know if the road down to Chichibu been repaired already?

Hi Conrad, Welcome to TCC! I'm a slow climber who often passes through Hino on the way to Jimba or Takao. You're in a good location for mountain rides :)

Sometimes Half-Fast Cycling do Takao-Yabitsu-Hadano group rides, which wouldn't be far from you.

@Sibreen ...do you know if the road down to Chichibu been repaired already?
I last went up on Oct 18. There had been no progress at all, and I imagine they've done nothing since.
There is a vast amount of debris on the Chichibu side but, if you're happy to carry your bike over the landslide, you can go all the way down to Sakurako.
Check out the pics I uploaded to Strava.

If you're planning on doing it before the 20th, give me a shout.
I might be up for joining you!

Reactions: TOM
Back
Top Bottom