Greetings from Chicago and Mumbai

Azikara

Speeding Up
Feb 2, 2011
Tokyo and Nagoya
Hi everyone,

I'm a super enthusiastic cyclist (road and cyclocross racer) spending about 2-3 weeks in Tokyo and Nagoya every month for the next 1.5-3 years. Currently getting into Tokyo from Mumbai on Friday morning and VERY keen to ride this weekend. I spend a lot of time in Mumbai as well where I ride in my hotel room only. Home is Chicago.

I've been down to Oifuto (?) once, which seems good for solo intervals, but really looking for some epic rides into the mountains with some like minded cycling buddies. Please put me onto a few rides if you can.

Currently have my steel Ritchey Breakaway travel bike with me and a fluid trainer. Never leave home without it!

Looking forward to meeting you guys and gals.

Oh, almost forgot. Where do I get a cycling bag for the trains?

Tristan

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
rinko bag

Tristan:
You can get a bike bag for the train (rinko bukuro -- usually "Ostrich" brand) at any of the larger road cycling shops -- Nalshima, or Y's. Or even the Bic Camera bicycle shop in the annex to their main Yurakucho electronics store.

If you are going to try to join the Positivo Espresso ride on Saturday or Sunday, send me a private message with your email or cellphone contacts and I'll try let you know if there are changes in plans/developments, since they don't always get on the web. I have a conflict part of Saturday morning so may just say a quick farewell, and then ride on Sunday with the same folks as last weekend (Jerome and Didier).

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
saturday start place/time

Tristan:
If you check the Positivo Espresso site, Dominic has left detailed instructions for the meeting, and his mobile number, so you should be fine.
Best,
David

Azikara

Speeding Up
Feb 2, 2011
Tokyo and Nagoya
Hi Ludwig,

It was terrific meeting you and the rest of the gang. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. By the way, those were my best 3-10 min power outputs EVER! First season of serious training so I expect things can improve from here on out.

What is going on this weekend? I may still be around. Also, did you get any photos that you could share?

Tristan