What's new

Green Line to Oume - Sunday, April 15th

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
This Sunday Takaaki and I are doing our first proper Green Line ride for 2012. In that vain we'll be taking one of our classic routes that will include a large portion of the Green Line, Shomaru Toge, Yamabushi Toge and Ohsawa Toge before making our way to Oume for a train back to Tokyo. We'll be meeting at the usual Family Mart at 7:30am. Climbs will be wait at the top (WATT). There'll be plenty of climbing, descending and greenery for anyone interested.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2000-2300m
Distance: 120-140km
Route: HERE

I hope to see you Sunday morning! :D

Up for it.

My new mate Aron might be up for it too

Will let you know by tomorrow night

Looks good. I don't have a rinko bag though, I just arrived in Japan. However, I think I can get back by bike from Oume, that's only 35km.

Pete,

I'm keen to do this. The route seems to have about 3000m climbing, not 2000m. I'm hoping it's closer to 2000m, given my current fitness! Also, what pace do you generally expect?

I look forward to meeting you.

Tom

I would like to join too. I have never ridden up a bigger mountain than Mt Takao (I know it isn't one!) Anyway I don't expect anyone to wait for me, and I will probably peel off and head for Hanno as that train line would return me directly to my home station.

Let me know if it is OK with you guys to join.

Pete,

I'm keen to do this. The route seems to have about 3000m climbing, not 2000m. I'm hoping it's closer to 2000m, given my current fitness! Also, what pace do you generally expect?

I look forward to meeting you.

Tom

It's got the best interface, IMHO, but when plotting rides RWGPS definitely overestimates the climbing. I'm confident that this ride should yield about 2000-2300m worth of vertical.

I would like to join too. I have never ridden up a bigger mountain than Mt Takao (I know it isn't one!) Anyway I don't expect anyone to wait for me, and I will probably peel off and head for Hanno as that train line would return me directly to my home station.

Let me know if it is OK with you guys to join.

You're welcome to join us, and for the record there are a number of good bailouts at various points throughout the ride.

I'm in... looking forward to it. It's good to know there are bailout points in the event that I need one!

Anyone else joining from the Roppongi/Hiroo area? Any suggestions on how best to get to the meeting point from that area? Apologies, but I'm still relatively new to Tokyo and navigating around here. Thanks.

I'm in... looking forward to it. It's good to know there are bailout points in the event that I need one!

Anyone else joining from the Roppongi/Hiroo area? Any suggestions on how best to get to the meeting point from that area? Apologies, but I'm still relatively new to Tokyo and navigating around here. Thanks.

Great see you in the morning! As for a route to the starting point, how about this: ROUTE.

I would like to meet at the drawbridge on Arakawa. What time will you be there?

Great see you in the morning! As for a route to the starting point, how about this: ROUTE.

Pete,

Thanks for the route. I think that should work. I'll plan to leave my place early to allow for some wrong turns along the way and plan to see you at the starting point at 7:30.

Tom

Hey Pete/all, I've been following the forums for a while now but never been out on a TCC ride. Would love to join you guys tomorrow if thats ok ? Thanks, Mark

Pete,

Thanks for the route. I think that should work. I'll plan to leave my place early to allow for some wrong turns along the way and plan to see you at the starting point at 7:30.

Tom

Great Tom, see you in the morning!

Hey Pete/all, I've been following the forums for a while now but never been out on a TCC ride. Would love to join you guys tomorrow if thats ok ? Thanks, Mark

Absolutely Mark, please join us. I look forward to meeting you!

Back
Top Bottom