What's new

Granfond Yamanashi

araim1

Speeding Up
Jan 7, 2007
Yesterday April 29th was my first experience to run over 200Km but I made it. More over, this included four hill climbs, Yanagisawa-pass, 850m climb from the foot, Sasago-pass, 400m, Hinazuru-pass, 200m and finally Otarumi-pass, 200m. A big loop from my place of 210km.

As early as 5:30AM, I started my venture toward Okutama lake which is 450m hike and 40Km ride ,west of my Musashi Murayama home. Bless with the perfect weather, riding was awesome. Mountains were dressed with new lively greens. Passing Tabayama village, I started the climb to the first hill, Yanagisawa-pass, 1500m height above sea level. It took 1.5 hours to get to the top where it was very cold, but the view of Mt.Fuji with snow was just breathtaking!

From the top, riding down 1000 m altitude toward Enzan. few traffic along the way made the ride perfect. Going through the famous wine country, the next climb was Sasago-pass, 1100 m above sea Without passing this pass, I cannot go back home. No choice. Just before start climbing, I met with two folks who I was supposed to run together and climbed together. They are strong, climbing without gasping any breath whereas I had to be far behind them.:eek:uch: :eek:uch:

After enjoying another great downhill, we run on route 20 and then took 139 for a short distance. Turning toward Hinazusu-pass from 139, it took only 30 minutes to the top. Route to Hinazuru was another great one with very few traffic. From there, we went down to Sagamiko where we again hit route 20.

From Sagamiko, we stayed on route 20, climbing the last hill, Otarumi-pass. When riding around Hachioji city, it was already dark and finally came back home for a couple of cans of beer.

In the end, the accumulated elevation to climb was 3100m in 210Km run according to my cycle computer. This was a really great trip for me. The first experience of over 200Km.:bike: :bike:

Wonderful report . . .

Congratulations Araim1 on your first 200km+

You obviously had a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing your experience. You put a smile on my face just imagining I was there with you. Some great roads :thumb:

Cheers,

Philip

Wow sweet ride. I have been to the top of Yanagisawa pass quite a few times. It makes for a 150 km ride just to the top and back to base so I have not been over the top on my bike. Two weeks ago I drove over the top of the pass and down the other side on my way to Kofu. (the scenic route instead of the Chuo) The valley on the other side was awesome and the road was very cool because they built it so far above the valley in places. I really want to do this ride but it would probably be 220 to 240km from base and back. I have done quite few 165km rides around here but have not got adventurous enough yet to ride all the way out there.

Paul

I really want to do this ride but it would probably be 220 to 240km from base and back.
Paul

Hi specbiker,Paul

Thank you for your response.
I live in Musashi Murayama , very close to Fusa. Yes, I agree the valley over Yanagisawa pass is just owesome. Since I live close to you, it may not be as far as 240km for this full trip. If it is too long, you may take a train from Enzan. Cheers.:)

Minoru Arai

すごい!

Arai-san,

Congratulations on your 200km+ trip.
やってますねー:) 草津が最初で最後のヒルクライムじゃなかったんですか:confused:
今度は是非、ご一緒させてください:bike:

:eek: 笹子峠こえられたんですね。
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Great work

Minoru - San

Concratulations on the big 200k. :) It sounds like it was a great ride. You well deserved some hard earned beers after that. :beer1:

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Arai-san,

Congratulations on your 200km+ trip.
やってますねー:) 草津が最初で最後のヒルクライムじゃなかったんですか:confused:
今度は是非、ご一緒させてください:bike:

あはは、そのつもりでしたがトラとかトマスとか、そしてShinobuちゃんとかを見ていてちょっと刺激されました。次回、是非どこかに行きましょう!:bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: Run,Run,Run。

:eek: 笹子峠こえられたんですね。
:eek: :eek: :eek:

はい、笹子峠のトンネルはちょっと怖かったです。照明がないし心霊スポットとかの噂もあるし。でも、こうした旧道をはしるのはいいですね。

Minoru - San

Concratulations on the big 200k. :) It sounds like it was a great ride. You well deserved some hard earned beers after that. :beer1:

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Pete

Thank you, yes, this was really accomplishment to me. How are you doing? Did you have another run recently?

Back
Top Bottom