What's new

GPS / cyclocomputer 'pause' settings

snoogly

Maximum Pace
Oct 14, 2007
I was upset that my average speeds were so crummy after using my new GPS, then I remembered I hadn't done the pause setting :-(

I usually set it to pause recording when stopped, but I was wondering what other people do. Stopped, 1mph, 2mph?

LOL........

if you lookingfor the biggest numbers possible I suggestyou set it to pause at around 35km/h then it will only record speeds over this and you can feel really great about yourself and tell your chums how Pro Tour you are!

or what you can do is set it to pause when you come to a stop and use it as a training device rather than a bragging device :D

Joking aside,

I have mine set to pause when I come to a complete stand still as the Garmin 500 has a great feature called Average moving speed which is what I work off for training.

Some people just don't understand the power of nature. Take magnetism as an example. I used to ride with one magnet on my rear wheel and I felt reasonably quick. Magnets were energizing me. So I thought if one had that effect, why not try two. You'll never believe it, but I took a look down at my Garmin Edge 800 and sure enough, the extra magnet had DOUBLED my speed!! At this point, it's got me wondering what the limit could be... could three magnets possibly triple my speed? What of four or more? At this rate, I could be riding in the pro peloton before the week is over, the possibilities are endless!! :cool:

Darn. I thought the pause feature was to be only used for the time spent between beers!

Back
Top Bottom