Review Goodman Lens Manufacture

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
By dropping them on the ground many times I scratched the buggery out of the original Transitions™ lenses that came with my Oakley Jawbones.

I replaced them with photochromic lenses made by Goodman Lens Manufacture (Amazon Japan link) and I have been extremely pleased with my purchase. They are clearer in the dark and darker in the sunlight than the originals. They are more hydrophobic. And they are more resistant to scratching.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Nice one. Enjoying all the info about lenses and stuff going around at the moment.

Do these lenses fit as well into the Oakley frames as the Transitions ones (ie, are they shaped accurately?). I had some Oakley StraightJackets which I lent to my girlfriend of the time, back in 1997. She wore them on her head when she was out of the sun, and when she gave them back to me, I found one of the lenses had been scratched to fak by her hairclip. LIVID is not even coming close to describing my rage. Haha. The replacement lenses I bought from Oakley were tight as hell to get into the frames...