What's new

Good stuff of 2021

Bump...

2021 closing out. Some new stuff I bought this year and liked a lot...

1) Varia - amazing radar that adds to my safety. Expensive but IMHO, worth it, especially in places where traffic volume isn't so heavy. In the city, not so helpful. I was surprised at how reliably it picked up approaching cars. If you use the Varia app on your phone, you can get audible warnings of approaching cars and 'all clear' signals. Pretty cool!

This year was the year I finally decided to try clipless pedals. Till now, the Shimano ones I'd tried required too much torque on my bum left knee IOT to clip out. So...tried a couple different brands and they worked great for me. Clipping out was much easier.

2) Speedplay pedals - good for my road bike, light, easy in and out, easy on my knee, so far, so good.
3) Crankbrothers Eggbeater pedals - good for my MTB shoes, easy in, easy out, also good for my knee. Took a while to get used to clipping in but now it is pretty easy.

This year I finally bought some Boeshield t-9 for drivetrain lubrication. It seems to stay on longer than oil and doesn't pick up as much dirt. Perfect for a minimal maintenance guy like me!

Back
Top Bottom