What's new

Good Price On Wheels....?

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I asked this on my >> Lrrb << thread, but I guess it got missed, or you are all ignoring me :eek: :D:D:D.....

>> Shimano WH-R500 Wheel Set Sale <<

Good price?

Looks like 8,980 yen plus 735 yen for shipping (if that is right...?) total of 9,715 yen

Seems like a good price to me....?

That's good. I pay roughly ichi man a set at Y's Maniac. I don' t mind the small extra cause I can walk there. Surprisingly. the same set is about 2000 yen or so more at other Y's. They discount them to the bone here cause alot of riders use them for indoor training, crap weather and when you don't want to trash your nicer wheel sets.

That's good. I pay roughly ichi man a set at Y's Maniac. I don' t mind the small extra cause I can walk there. Surprisingly. the same set is about 2000 yen or so more at other Y's. They discount them to the bone here cause alot of riders use them for indoor training, crap weather and when you don't want to trash your nicer wheel sets.

That is the Y's right next to Starbucks, the one that used to be called "Joker"....?

With shipping they other place is 9715 yen, which involves shipping, payments, and bothering my lovely wife.... I think I'll be walking down there and picking up a set :D

Now next question.... Tires....?

Cheers!

BTW, I've been following several sets of these wheels on auction, and a set just went for 6550 yen plus 1900 yen for shipping or 8450 yen for a USED set, they look in good nick, but still, that is mighty high for used wheels :confused:

Only 1 choice of tires for general purpose - Continental Ultra Gatorskins. Virtually indestructible and very snake bite resistant.

yup, gatorskins are great, though I just switched from them to Grand Bois Cerf tires for summer use. Plush and comfy, but no puncture resistance.

Only 1 choice of tires for general purpose - Continental Ultra Gatorskins. Virtually indestructible and very snake bite resistant.

With my added bulk, the last bit there is important :eek:

Thanks!

I've yet to try the gatorskins, since I've been quite happy with these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-grand-prix-4000-road-tyre/

Excellent bang for the buck, and much cheaper than the 4000s top-of-the-line version (tho a bit heavier). Also, this past winter's sale I picked up a discounted conti four seasons, apparently similar to the 4000 but supposedly a tad more durable. Both thoroughly reviewed there on wiggle.

Went to both Y's Road in Shinjuku today, both were mob scenes, I forgot it was Sunday:rolleyes:

Both stores have the Shinmano WH-R500 wheel sets for 13,183 yen. That is almost 3500 yen more than the other place with shipping. I was on my way home from a wind whipped ride around Daiba and kind of tired, so I just went home. I'll think about this some more, really trying to NOT break the bank on this one, kind of a fun thing to stay below the set limit kind of thing..... :rolleyes::warau:

Well, some people might laugh but the Zaffiro is the bottom of the line tire for Vittoria yet I have not had any significant issues with them, and they almost never puncture. Long life as well.

Last time I looked approx. 950 yen per tire at chain reaction. Under ten dollars for a tire is pretty smokin' great.:smoke:

No doubt that the gatorskin is a way better tire, though.

No issues whatsoever with the Zaffiro either. Decent training / LR tire. Gatorskin is my favorite all arounder though. Continental GPS4000 is one of my fav aggressive training tires.

Back
Top Bottom