What's new

Good Cycling Books?

Quick followup - I did snag the 1st Edition copy of Agnostic Cycling. And have it here in Japan (bedtime reading). This is really just a dry, semi-scientific, boring, quasi-fiction book on the "Italian Method" of training. If anyone wants to borrow it for a little time, jus let me know. P.S. it DOES include advise about riding FG <sorry Mike>.

All a matter of perspective! Its a great read - especially for the nostalgia. Brought back alot of memories drafting our training plans and keeping diaries. Something rarely done today without assistance of more computing power than sent man to the moon (literally). Call me old fashioned and retrograde, but there is a certain je ne se quais about simplicity and lightening. Plus a completely straight chainline, that unless you ride it continuously, you just wouldn't understand.

And, oh yes, some people actually train for years without ever touching a geared bike. And they do silly things like the World's, Olympics and Elites and Keirin... but I guess those don't count...

Does it say you should train for years on FG without ever touching any other bike?

Mark Cavendish the fastest man on two wheels trains fixed and also is a world champion Madison rider......never underestimate the fixie!

Mark Cavendish the fastest man on two wheels trains fixed and also is a world champion Madison rider......never underestimate the fixie!

James we get it, you love Cavendish....although I'm sure you're probably the only person here who would buy his book:p

Im going to tie you to a chair and read it to you mate.....

You should read it mate, even if you aren't keen on him you'll learn a lot about the Pro Peloton and how the media warps a lot of what goes on.

I guess you old boys like Laurent Fignon and Lance and can reminisce about sweat bands and Duran Duran.

Guys, don't get me wrong. I love ALL bikes! And, I for one, think it is really silly to draw sides on either fg or not - but better to appreciate the joys and challenges of each. I've ridden many thousands of miles on geared bikes and loved (and suffered sometimes) every moment. Same with FG. Just my current , personal situation benefits from the FG challenge (and training). However, my newest bike is actually very convertible to geared - I designed it in particular for that - so I could take advantage of yet further exploring the variances in cycling while keeping to my somewhat near-term passion of simple and light. Anyway - this thread is on books - and if anyone wants to borrow out my prized copy of Agnostic Cycling (white gloves, please) It's definitely worth a read - if just for the perspective of the 'modern age' of cycling training which it spawned.

Tim...ignore me and Mike.... Team bitch talk :D

Almost through with Boy Racer. I'm biased as I've been a fan of Cavendish before, but it is a great read. What I particularly liked about the book, is how it brings in a smarter side to Cav, amongst the extreme passion he has for the sport.

Also, it is nice to read about some of the riders that usually are just side-notes in your usual TV coverage.

Back
Top Bottom