What's new

good cars for bikes?

That doesnt look like the back of my stepwagon. You can fit a bike in the back diagonalle without moving the middle row. and its a divided bench not 2 isolated seats.

Stepwagon:
3.jpg

I'd probably run a wheel between the 2nd row seats (or remove a wheel and put it cross-wise in the back), so the front passenger would not have to be a double amputee.

(And after all this 'thinking', maybe I'll just win the lottery, buy a Miata, and then put a few bikes in a support van with a dedicated driver/mechanic.)

@AlanW gets around a bit with bikes in his car. ("A car is the ultimate cycling accessory.") What do you drive, Alan?

Current four-wheeled bike accessory is a Subaru Legacy estate. Turbo version, naturally :devil:
Two bikes go in the back easily with the seats folded, no need to take the wheels off, but they have to lay down with a couple of blankets between them to stop them tearing each others' paint to pieces. I've had four bikes inside, all laid down and with the pedals off the lower two mountainbikes.

One of these days I should buy a rack, or go the whole hog and get a Unimog camper.

Attachments

• P4290586-small.jpg
    P4290586-small.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 16
  • Unimog.jpg
    Unimog.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom