Gonna lose some lung tissue

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Ube -shi, Yamaguchi-ken
Morning John. Thanks for keeping us updated. And the pictures, yeah, keep them coming.

OreoCookie

Maximum Pace
Dec 2, 2017
Might be out the end of next week, 20th, depending on. No rehab here on weekends/holidays, so besides this one, 21-23 would be pretty quiet/useless.
Do you have an idea of your convalescence? Will you need a lot of PT? Do you know the regiment?

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
I truly hope it's just convalescence and PT, and not added treatment because it has jumped somewhere else...!

;)

Here's another pic of the whole lobe (collapsed/flattened), with a hand there for size. The opening or pit in the middle right is where the initial chunk came from (first pic). Look back to that pic and tho it seems big, it's a closeup. That first piece fits into the gash you see in this one.

My right arm/shoulder muscles are kind of funky since for all the surgery it was stretched above my head so my ribs were exposed. (arm or hand was probably tied or taped down in that position for 5-6 hours)

IMG_6484.JPG

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
The hard part is done, so now just chill and get better. Not a race or an instant fix, so when you feel like shit, that's part of recovery too. Progress is not a linear curve. Don't worry about what you can't control. Trust the medical technology and pray to whatever makes you feel better about it. Me I like thinking about positives in my life as a form of prayer.

OreoCookie

Maximum Pace
Dec 2, 2017
Holy moley, that is a huge piece of lung … that you are now missing. Take it easy. I hope you have friends and loved ones taking care of you now.