What's new

Golden Week Plans?

Wolfman

Speeding Up
Jul 31, 2007
What are your plans for GW?

As I stood getting crushed on the train this morning in crappy miserable Tokyo, I began to form a picture in my mind of the lush climbs, descents and greeney waiting for me next week. So nice to rise above the grog. I'll head to Nagano to revisit my favourite old toge's, and a few new routes that I intend to explore a bit.

Can't wait.

Ride daily, as wx permits. A local club has a ride on the 29th, but I don't think I'll join--a little longer (and further away) than my usual. And I'd rather ride less and go out daily than blowing all my energy at once.

I don't have the "middle" days off (work on the 1st and 2nd), but only have morning class/classes so can maybe spin (or swim) a little in the afternoons.

Also a daughter coming home for a couple nights, and family trumps anything.

Work, what else....

What are your plans for GW?

As I stood getting crushed on the train this morning in crappy miserable Tokyo, I began to form a picture in my mind of the lush climbs, descents and greeney waiting for me next week. So nice to rise above the grog. I'll head to Nagano to revisit my favourite old toge's, and a few new routes that I intend to explore a bit.

Can't wait.

Are you just trying to make us jealous Lee, or is this an invite thread?

Writing an abstract for a paper... and can't bring myself to do it :(. Apart from that nothing spectacular.

Cycling up the Edogawa River with full touring rig.
Then either veering to the right...Choshi
or to the left...Gunma depending on the wind.

Cycling up the Edogawa River with full touring rig.
Then either veering to the right...Choshi
or to the left...Gunma depending on the wind.

Let me know the day and time and I may ride with you to Sekiyado with you...

I have to work most of GW... :mad:

4/29
4/30
5/1
5/2
5/3
5/5

The in laws are going up to Hakuba and I'd be there too if I can get away...

Looks like 5/4 is the only day to myself!

I would like to do some long rides over GW. Maybe a full day into Okutama, and early mornings for the rest....

If anyone would like to join my early Arakawa bashing let me know!

theBlob, I frequently make early runs along Arakawa starting from Kasaibashi to Saitama and back, I would love to have company.

Usually, I start out around 6:00 or 6:30am for 50k to 55k runs on workdays and I get started around 8:00am for 70k or more on my days off.

Unfortunately, I must work part of the "Golden Week" but I am off on May 4th and 5th. PM me if your would like to meet up.

Cheers,

Are you just trying to make us jealous Lee, or is this an invite thread?

He he Mike, stirring up jealousy is definitely your forte with your extended summer holidays spent cycling around beautiful exotic places in Asia :rolleyes:. I can only look on in wonder at the places you get to ....

but if you're in the Nagano neck of woods - let me know - would be good to meet up and I've been meaning to have a look into some of those routes you and Ludwig did a few years ago.

In the plane now for miyazaki for a 3day kyushuu bike tour and some family fun after.

Planning to get up early for some Arakawa rides. My goal is to finally do my first 100km ride since getting back in the saddle this year after my extended hiatus.

5 day stage race in sunny Thailand! Enjoy the rain.....:p

Rain...? Where's that?

I rode today and it's looking like days and days of nice wx here. Cooler mornings, and then maybe 23-24 or so, give or take a little.

That's close to my definition of perfect.

Please enjoy your mid-day upper 30s. :)

Arrived at Yamanakako. Spending one day in Yamanashi then heading for home on Monday. Perfect biking conditions today, even avoided the traffic.

Back
Top Bottom