What's new

Golden Week Beginners Ride

Thanks.
Crossroad at Route 7/Route 15 would be great.
I'll confirm later today or tonight if I'm able to join you guys tomorrow.
But if you don't hear from me, assume I'm unable to.
Thanks again.

Since I'm the <un>official contact for this jaunt -- my keitai is 080-3503-0081 if you need a ping, or need to ping me.

I'm down for meeting you guys at 8am in Shinjuku tomorrow... but what does that put the final distance at? I've biked out to Ome before, but that's the farthest I've done. I don't want to put you guys out by being the slow dude.

OK Tim & Takaaki, let's meet at 8am at the usual spot at the corner of Route #20 and Yamate-dori on the southwest corner were the convenience store is at.
Hey guys, I'll meet up with you in shinjuku!

I'll aim to be at the intersection of Route 7 and Route 15 at 8:30am.
See you guys then..

Distance: If you've biked to Ome and back then this will be a similar distance, but there will obviously be a lot more climbing. There are plenty of bailout points if you need it, so don't worry.

Eric & Simon see you at the respective meeting points.

BTW, is anyone planning on meeting us at Musashi-itsukaichi Station?

Wah. It's a good thing it was a beginners' ride. Thanks, guys. I had a blast. I hope I didn't drag down the pace too much.

Great ride everyone! Alot of troopers out there! We kept a nice 25-30kph pace on the transits and everyone reached the summit within 30min! Kudos to Karah and Timdesyou managing the whole ride on 'non standard' gear - i.e. flat pedals and 650 wheels! Eric, great work keeping the hammer down up the hills! And of course, my man Taakaki san, for keeping the solid pace and incentive as always. Simon, as well. FE, you'd be proud of this bunch, they really hardened up and did the entire route with minimal stops, no traffic issues and a solid pace.

Thanks for the pic. It was nice to see what I missed out on. I had to work, but even so... my arm has been messed up all week due to overdoing it at the gym. I have not been able to raise my arm since Monday night, let alone ride a bike. Hopefully I will be able to join you guys for a ride as well.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it..... spent most of the day with the police after discovering a suicide in the forest behind where I live while walking the dog this morning.

Not a fun time.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it..... spent most of the day with the police after discovering a suicide in the forest behind where I live while walking the dog this morning.

Not a fun time.

Sorry to hear that.

Nice picture, and sounded like a great ride! Sorry I couldn't join you. Had to work:-( hope I can join next time!

It was tons of fun guys! I hope I can ride with you all again! I checked my ride data from the decent and it looks like we had a top speed of about 70km/h going down!!!

Hey Taakaki... I don't get a map when I look at your link. And that extra distance back to your house makes it over 100 miles. Nice.

Does anyone have a map for our route? I was talking about it with Stu, and we couldn't figure out where exactly the turn-around point at Tomin-no-mori was... Thanks :)

Hey Taakaki... I don't get a map when I look at your link. And that extra distance back to your house makes it over 100 miles. Nice.

Does anyone have a map for our route? I was talking about it with Stu, and we couldn't figure out where exactly the turn-around point at Tomin-no-mori was... Thanks :)
It was working last night, but yeah, it is not working now....?

I think this is the route your guys took, or close to it.....

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/33536170

That is quite the ride guys!:D

Back
Top Bottom