What's new

Goin to watch a Race in Nagano

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
Goin to watch a Race in Kiso May 21st leaving from Inashi station

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/34269414/?open_ive_done=1
http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/en...uipeazumino/kiso/kiso.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

I will be riding to watch the second day of a race that takes place going around the kiso dam. It is an Amazing ride going up over a mountain, down the mountain then up another mountain. It is 40km there, then of coarse the ride back. We can go through the gombee tunnel on the way back and that makes the ride home a little shorter and a whole lot easyer. If you wanted you could ride through the tunnel on the way there but I highly recommend going over the top!

Let me know if anyone wants to join. I have room at my home if you would like to come the night ahead or you can meet at Inashi station in Ina Nagano in the morning.
Let me know if you are interested and we can nail in details. Just drop a note on this thread and I will answer any ?s

_the race goes around the dam many times so we can watch the race unfold and is a pro- semi pro race. It will be a fun time and an Awesome ride. If you figure out the details you could train out of there as well there is a station near the race, I will be riding home though

Come see Nagano!!

There is still time

Leavin tommorow (sun may 22nd)

The race starts at

11:30-11:45 126km(9kmx14 times)

I will leave Ina at 9 or 10 am

The race goes around a large Lake/dam I would compare only to Yosemite. The ride there is JUST AMAZING

Its not too late

Be at Inashi station in Nagano anytime before 10 am. (about 3 hours from Tokyo)

I will check this thread for sure first thing when I wake, just let me know when you will be at the station and I will meet you there, I promise. OR personal message me your # and I will call you in the morning.

EITHER WAY i AM goin :)

I may just head out to Norikura if the legs are feelin up!

did I mention I have an espresso machine? COMON PEOPLE!!

WET!

It was an awesome day, these are photos going up over gonbee tunnel. Really great way to go, extremely slippery and mossy with sticks and leaves everywhere. pretty light rain until the summit and as soon as I crested the top and treated my self to my onigiri it started raining cats and dogs!
At the bottom of the decent I could not feel my hands of feet! Tough day in the saddle for sure!

@ the race

The race really thinned out due to the harshness of the weather I believe. The photo with the guys in the yellow and green jerseys are the race leader and the sprint leader heading into the final corner. Japanese cyclocross multiple national champion was riding in none other than my other cycling clubs Equippe Azumino's jersey, and sporting his sponsors shorts, Bridgestone Anchor. I guess I should go to practice more often! I know he lives in Matsumoto so it would make sense for him to train with us as the clubs base is in Azumino.

Great Day, but given the rain its probably better you didnt have to suffer a soggy train ride home! I couldnt feel my feet or hands for 30 minutes in a warm bath!

As for dangerouse...

If you climb from the Ina side of Gombee tunnell it is closed and requires some gate hopping so there is debris everywhere, not a problem really when climbing. I wouldnt decend that side though. Going down the other side it is cleaned of and really smooth. In fact the locals use it as there race track, so I guess if you had your headphones on that could be dangerouse too, but you could probably still hear one of those rice burners driftin a corner still!
I have been there when they are doing it and they have guys at the top and bottom communicating to each other that it is clear road, but I would still be aware of it though. But you should never turn off your car radar when riding anyways! From the Kiso side of the mountain to the Ina side of the mountain it is best to go through the Gombee tunnell as it is all down hill anyways.

Rubber side Down!!

Nice toi see the Fuji boys hanging in the breakaway... wonder what the final standings were.

Looks like our man took 3rd!

I think it was two days of racing and he took 3rd over all... or 3rd on one of the days.

Back
Top Bottom