What's new

Help Go-Pro-Camera options and accessories

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
About 3 times in the last week I've almost exercised my trigger finger impulse buying one click purchase of a Go-Pro on Amazon.co.jp

Each time confused and confounded by the various options and types available... and other accessories???

Without spending too much or too little and to get the most out of my purchase with mostly cycling in mind... Which is the best package..?

I know a few of you have one...is there any benefit in getting a package not necessarily a cycle option?

Go-Pro-Amazon-assortments:

It depends where you want to stick it.

The options you'll probably consider are:
  • clamped onto the stem or seat tube,
  • attached to your helmet, and/or
  • chest harness.
You probably won't want the suction cup attachment unless you also do motor sports/surfing.

I believe that the standard package comes with helmet straps but I would recommend getting the bicycle attachment and the chest harness. I don't have the chest harness but I regret not having it because it opens up a lot more fun angles to shoot from.

lol it will be up tomorrow evening!

hd hero or hd hero 2?

Was it the hd hero or hd hero 2 you were considering?

The hero 2 seems to have a few more options regarding the FOV of the camera, which actually is a pretty neat thing. IMHO, the hd hero 2 allows for more artistic expression.

...and the plot thickens ...

I got the "Helmet Hero" pack which comes with the vented helmet mount (good for typical bike helmets rather than full-face), a headband mount, and some flat sticky-pad mounts.
The chest harness is definitely worth buying, not least as the GoPro feels pretty heavy on your head. The seatpost/handlebar mount is pretty good too as it allows front or rear facing camera mounting.

Back
Top Bottom