What's new

Giro d'Italia Fantasy League

OK, here is my team. I left Wiggins out, which is likely to hurt me. Not required (or recommended) but I also managed to get 9 guys from separate teams. You are given 100 points to put a team together. The point value of my riders is indicated below.

GC: 20,Ryder Hesjedal,GRS
GC: 22,Vincenzo Nibali,AST
Climber: 18,Samuel Sanchez,EUS
Climber: 6,Hubert Dupont,ALM
Sprinter: 6,Roberto Ferrari,LAM
Unclassed: 4,Danny Pate,SKY
Unclassed: 4,Rory Sutherland,TST
Unclassed: 4,Paolo Longo Borghini,CAN
Wildcard: 16,Robert Gesink,BLA

The TCC mini-league details.
League Name: TCC
League Code: 01023015

I just changed my team around quite a bit, after seeing Danielson available, and looking at the scoring system.

I'm loving this so far;)

Top of the TCC league and ranked 204 over all. Can't last.

I'm loving this so far;)

Top of the TCC league and ranked 204 over all. Can't last.

Nice Job! Paolini and Uran were clearly a couple of good choices for the early stages.

Those who rested their hopes on Cav, "and shoot straight to the top" can see from last night that he struggles on the lumps. ;)

Yep, Paolini and Katusha look like they want that limelight for a while longer at least, and Uran has been so solid in the hills all season so far. I had a secret hope that he would go KOM but Sky aren't bothered by those baubles one bit.
There are bound to be people more in tune with the long game than I so I'll lap it up while I can.

I'm officially resigning from this since somehow my roster did not et updated and I'm still riding with basso...
Can't wait for the high mountains to see if the Colombians can pull something off

Those who rested their hopes on Cav, "and shoot straight to the top" can see from last night that he struggles on the lumps. ;)

But on the pancake course with a proper lead out...nearly unbeatable.:oops:

Yeah, I figured he'd be worth a couple of wins, so has already paid off!

Some London based guys I'm in another league with are basically riding the whole Sky train. One is overall 13th (impressive) but let's see how they do now after dropping so much time in the wet..... !

Looks like my chances of a good finish are about up. Hesjedal lost more time and seems out of GC. S. Sanchez also did not seem to have his climbing legs yesterday. Maybe Nibali and Uran can provide some redemption.

Evans, Nibali, Uran, Hueno, Cavendish looks like it would have been a good combination. Still plenty of time to see how things unfold though.

There is a lot of time left in this one but the signs are that Hesjedal, Sanchez and Wiggins might not have what it takes while Uran, Nibali and Evans could go the distance. Hueno is still in it, too, but maybe burnt it a bit long yesterday pulling Wiggo.

I am enjoying watching it unfold and seeing the tactics at play. It is better and more interesting with the fantasy team. I watched the second stage of the Tour of California yesterday and it wasn't so enthralling. Watching them cross the line was like watching people having their life support machines turned off.

What a bummer about the weather and stage cancellation. I was really looking forward to the action in the high mountains. I also think that I would have been able to move up from 3rd in the TCC group to second, but maybe not now.

Back
Top Bottom