Giro de Hotaka 2013

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
This year's Giro de Hotaka will be held on 27th of October.
The race is 120 km with 2400m of climbing; and TCC has been represented every year since 2007. It's a great course taking in some tough climbs and spectacular descents, and there is good support with two food stations along the way.

Entries close on 6th of October. The early start means you have to stay locally the night before, and the organisers have deals with various pensions/guest houses.
If you plan to race, please enter individually and put TCC as your team name, and the organisers will put us all in the same accommodation. Please also reply to this thread.

Official Website:
http://ozesp.com/category3/

Entry
http://ozesp.com/category3/entry16.html

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Thanks for posting this. I am thinking of entering but will have to check a few things first. Will post an update once I have entered.

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
Thanks for posting! Registered already. If this event were only closed roads, it would be legendary, but with the minimal traffic and great course it's one o the best in Japan already.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Actually the climbing seems a bit light - more suitable to rouleurs like Alan and Gunnar. But potential to pull together a proper bunch could be had. The hardest part would be in actually keeping up with Alan or Gunnar! Haha!

Naomi

Maximum Pace
Apr 20, 2007
Tokyo
Accommodation Infomation

There is no package plan ( ragistration + accommodation) this year, therefore you need to book a room separately.
Here is an info・・・・
http://ozesp.com/ Sorry but only in Japanese!
twin: 6,500yen / 2meals / per
single:7,500yen / 2 meals / per
I think this is a very good price for 1night with 2meals:)

I already asked one of the organizers 立木san who has helped TCCers previous years to put TCC members in the same accommodation for people who want to stay with TCCers :)
【How to book】
Please fill ①~⑦ and send them to here (cycle@owlet.biz) via email.

① Your name:
     ② Phone:
     ③ Number of rooms / single or twin
     ④ Total number of people
     ⑤ Sex: man or woman
     ⑥ Plan: 1) accommodation only, 2) accommodation + pick up service from/to JR.Numata station ( +2,500yen for return )
⑦ Others: If you want to stay with other TCCers, please write bout you are the TCC member ex,'' 他のTCCのメンバーと同じ宿にしてください'' or so.
Or you can give a call
0278-58-4824

Sould you have any Q, please let me know.

Naomi :)

Last edited:

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Well, damn. Since several <friends> are riding this and I have a van with racks.... Ideas? I do have legacy support to maintain (last year's winner) and thinking how we could make this even more fun. I'll decide to ride tomorrow or the next day -- domestique duties only. So -- who's the lead?

xtrca

Cruising
Dec 5, 2007
montreal
Well, damn. Since several <friends> are riding this and I have a van with racks.... Ideas? I do have legacy support to maintain (last year's winner) and thinking how we could make this even more fun. I'll decide to ride tomorrow or the next day -- domestique duties only. So -- who's the lead?
I'm seriously considering doing this event! As a matter of fact, why not? Sounds awesome! Is there a spot available in the van for me?

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
Awesome, the more the merrier. Can't wait for time and work to pass until this. Dips on the astuto van!
Paging Doug, with the best drafting skills of last years event.

TOM G

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2011
Minato
I'm registered and looking forward to it.

Not sure what to aim for in terms of finish time, but it promises to be a fun ride in any case.

Looking forward to seeing the other TCCers there!

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Sould you have any Q, please let me know.
Hi Naomi, where did you find the information about 2,500 yen for the pick-up service? Also, according to the web site the service is from Numata station to the juku, then from the event site to Numata station, so just to confirm this means we would ride from the juku to the event site. Also, since the event starts quite early do you know that the juku will be ready to serve an early breakfast (based on past experience)? I should probably just call them..

Naomi

Maximum Pace
Apr 20, 2007
Tokyo
GrantT,

This is the official http://ozesp.com/
If you go to the accommodation or 宿(yado) by your self, you just need to book a room which is option①. The accommodations we have stayed so far were not far from the starting point of the race, within 5-10 mins by bike :) Also breakfast is povided in the veeeeeeery early morning. Usually bread or rice, soup, some veges and coffe or tea...I think :)
The option② means that accommodation( with 2 meals) + transport service are included (accommodation fee: 6,500yen or 7,500yen + 2,500yen additionally reuquired ) . They will pic you up at JR Numata station 14:40 of 26th Oct; the day before the race and bring you back to the same station after the race around 16:00.

<2013年10月26日(土)の宿泊プラン> 協賛・・・武尊ペンション協会
 ① 参加者・応援の方限定 お得プラン 1泊2食
      ・2名以上1室 ・・・ 大人お一人 6,500円
      ・1名1室 ・・・・・・・ 大人お一人 7,500円
 ② 参加者限定 JR沼田駅送迎付プラン 1泊2食
      ・2名以上1室 ・・・ 大人お一人 9,000円
      ・1名1室 ・・・・・・・ 大人お一人10,000円
  注1: 宿泊プランの締め切りはエントリーと同日です
  注2: ご宿泊の宿は参加案内と合わせてご案内いたします
         (宿の指定はできません。宿は会場から車で15分以内です)
  注3: ②の送迎時間は下記の通りです。
        行き 10/26 14:40 JR沼田駅集合   → 受付会場 → 宿
        帰り 10/27 16:00 イベント会場集合 → JR沼田駅(17:00頃到着予定)
            *自転車は輪行袋に入れ個人の責任で携行して下さい(マイクロバスで送迎予定)。
               *片道だけの利用も可能ですが料金は変わりません。

Hope this info helps you.

Naomi :)

Last edited: