What's new

Official Ride Giro de Hotaka 2012

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
This is just in: this year's Giro de Hotaka will take place on November 3.

More info here

=> http://venus.sportsentry.ne.jp/event.php?tid=31667

今年のGiro de HOTAKAは・・・

・ 70km付近にエイドステーションを1カ所増やしました!

↑↑ 新設のASには、みなかみ名物温泉まんじゅうを

ご用意する予定です

・ ヒルクライム王と呼ばれる「村山 利男氏」を迎え後夜祭を開催!

走り終えた120kmのコースや、皆様のサイクルライフに

ついてワイワイ話せるお疲れ様会です

This has become a TCC classic. Any takers this year?

More on our past adventures: Giro de Hotaka 2011, 2008, 2007.

Very interested in this one but unfortunately it clashes with a JCF race :(

3 weeks before Okinawa... Might be a good pre-race race!
Will have to get permission from the other half, though.:rolleyes:

3 weeks before Okinawa... Might be a good pre-race race!
Will have to get permission from the other half, though.:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this one Thomas. This is a great race. I was looking at the pics and have they been wearing those massive bibs in recent years? Makes reaching for food in pockets rather tricky....

This has been on my "to do" list for too long - will try to actually do it this year. But yeah, "try" is the keyword :angel:

Thanks for the heads up Thomas!

Wanting to do this for a long time, just my kind of event. Interesting profile, beautiful scenery, not a pure climb and not going in circles.
99% in on this!

Think I'm in

Not in any kind of condition to do this as a race, but will probably enter the Giro as a cycling event with a friend.

I see they have separarated the wacky ski-slope HC race out from the Giro this year. Pity....

Entry closes on Monday. Is anyone committed to/registered for this yet? I will go if others sign up.

Bike fixed (more on that later) - registering now.
How did everybody do for accommodation?

I did not take the room option, and plan to find someplace for myself and family on Friday night.

Cheers! Decided to do the same, as their overnight package seems to be for the 3rd.
Looking forward to working together on the road!

I can recommend "ささの湯" a few kms down from the start before the race joins R120.

I've stayed there a few times. I think you can get a room with or without meals. We took a room without meals and had some food in the onsen restaurant.

I'll probably go in the onsen but sleep in the car outside (saving money for Christmas hols!)

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Lodging

The with-lodging option is indeed for the 3rd. How very silly.

Called the organizers and they were happy to shift the room reservation to the 2nd. They will put all TCC'ers in the same pension if you ask.

I'm soooooo tempted to glue your doors shut on Friday night ::p:

See you at the race!
AW.

Just tie me as an anchor to Andy's bike and you will do us both a favor. That's all I'm good for anyways.

Back
Top Bottom