What's new

Official Ride Giro de Hotaka 2009

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Behold fellow TCCers (or is it TCCites?), it is time to officially announce our participation in the
Giro de Hotaka...

TCC_mountain_goat.gif

As Alan reminded us last week, we need to start thinking about registering for this year's Hotaka Hillclimb (Saturday, November 7, 2009) and the Giro de Hotaka (Sunday, November 8, 2009).

The official page is here (in English and Japanese).

Registration deadline: October 15, 2009
Please see the official website for detailed info on registration, fees, etc.

Also read the accounts of TCC's participation in 2007 and 2008.

So, who's in for TCC's toughest, maddest, most feared, hence most prestigious annual event? Who will take part in both races, ehm, funrides and who will save their energy for the Giro? :)

-------------------------------------Disclaimer from TCC--------------------------------------
[in Japanese 日本語]
以下の内容に同意の上、オフィシャルツアーにご参加ください。

---------------オフィシャルツアー参加規約---------------
東京サイクリングクラブ(TCC)は、オフィシャルツアーにおいて発生する事故・怪我・損害等について一切責任を負いません。すべて参加者の自己責任において処理・対応をお願いします。対人・対物の事故が発生した場合も、事故の相手との交渉・対応等は全て事故を起こした方ご本人が行ってください。
上記内容に同意いただけない場合は参加をお断りいたします。

Dates mixed up

Thomas-san,

I think the dates are a little mixed up.

Good luck to all the TCC entrants.

I'm in

of course for both the Day 1 hillclimb time trial :eek: and the Day 2 Giro:cool:. I am contacting Kodama-san for more details yet to be announced on the official HP (for the moment still under construction). Seems like the organization is running a bit behind schedule this year.

I'm in for the Giro (day 2), day 1 will be reconaissance of the Giro route

One more

I don't really know why I do things like this to myself, but I am in for both the HC and the Giro. I am just a glutton for punishment. :eek:

Keren

Saiko

I'm riding around Saiko on Day 2. Last race of this year's JCRC series. Wish me good luck! (Three more races in between though...)

I'm in for giro only. Will joing sergey on Sat for spin around course.

When?

Does anyone know when the registration will open? Are these races still actually on?

The races are only just over a one month away, but the registration page is still not ready. Is this normal for such a bike race? Maybe I am used to triathlons and marathons where you need to register many, many months in advance.

Or is there another way to register besides via the home page?

Cheers,

Keren

Tom hinted that Kodama-san, the race organiser, apparently faces a few administrative problems (police, municipality)... let's keep our fingers crossed. :eek:uch:

Is there a plan B?

I just checked the race's web site and it appears that it has been taken down. :cry:

As it looks likely that the races will not go ahead, is there a plan B? Maybe an overnight stay in that area with a couple of long rides? I'd still be up for that.

Keren

With Okinawa and Saiko ( 2 of the biggest meets of the year) on the same weekend... he may be rethinking the schedule.

Maybe somebody who knows him should call him and ask... I may not be able to do Saiko this year...(done the last 5)... as I have to be up in Hitachi the day before (which is registration day).

I'd like to do Okinawa and Hotaka as well... :warau:

mystery...

With 2 recent emails to the organizer left unanswered and the entire website taken offline, I sent another message to Kodama-san this morning. To my disappointment, I received an automatic undeliverable message in reply... :eek:uch: I'm afraid this does not bode well for our official tour plan.

From Google cache....

会場(本部): 群馬県利根郡片品村武尊牧場駐車場

コ-ス: 片品村武尊高原より武尊牧場スキ-場上部まで コ-ス図参照
全長:8.5Km(舗装路) 標高差:720m(海抜/スタ-ト:800m ゴ-ル:1520m) 最大斜度:22度

スケジュ-ル: 2009年11月7日(土)
9:00~12:30 受付・ゼッケン交付(武尊牧場駐車場)
13:00~15:00 競技
15:00~ 表彰式(武尊牧場駐車場)

クラス: (中学生以上)
ロ-ドレ-サ-の部 MTBの部
①男子A(中学生~30才) ⑥MTB男子(年令区分ナシ)
②男子B(31~40才) ⑦MTB女子(年令区分ナシ)
③男子C(41~50才)
④男子D(51才~) MTBはドロップハンドルでないこと。タイヤ幅は1.9インチ(5cm)以上
⑤女子(年令区分ナシ)

表 彰: (各クラス共通)
1位: 金メダル・副賞
2位: 銀メダル・副賞
3位: 銅メダル・副賞

参加者全員に参加記念品(地場産舞茸)

参加料: 一般;5000円 中・高校生;4000円

申し込み: 下記のいずれでも可能です
1.所定申込書に記入・捺印し参加料と共に申込先に送付する。
申込書請求は返信用封筒(住所 氏名明記 80円切手付)を実行委員会へ送付する。
申込先:武尊ヒルクライム実行委員会
〒182-0023 東京都調布市染地1-12-6 TEL:0424-43-6102 FAX:0424-43-6103

Yes, this comes from the website which was mysteriously taken down a couple days ago. There was also an English page, however, the link to the application form (所定申込書) mentioned "under construction, please check again later"...something along those lines. To solve the mystery, I guess someone ought to call Kodama-san on this number: 0424-43-6102.

From Google cache....

会場(本部): 群馬県利根郡片品村武尊牧場駐車場

コ-ス: 片品村武尊高原より武尊牧場スキ-場上部まで コ-ス図参照
全長:8.5Km(舗装路) 標高差:720m(海抜/スタ-ト:800m ゴ-ル:1520m) 最大斜度:22度

スケジュ-ル: 2009年11月7日(土)
9:00~12:30 受付・ゼッケン交付(武尊牧場駐車場)
13:00~15:00 競技
15:00~ 表彰式(武尊牧場駐車場)

クラス: (中学生以上)
ロ-ドレ-サ-の部 MTBの部
①男子A(中学生~30才) ⑥MTB男子(年令区分ナシ)
②男子B(31~40才) ⑦MTB女子(年令区分ナシ)
③男子C(41~50才)
④男子D(51才~) MTBはドロップハンドルでないこと。タイヤ幅は1.9インチ(5cm)以上
⑤女子(年令区分ナシ)

表 彰: (各クラス共通)
1位: 金メダル・副賞
2位: 銀メダル・副賞
3位: 銅メダル・副賞

参加者全員に参加記念品(地場産舞茸)

参加料: 一般;5000円 中・高校生;4000円

申し込み: 下記のいずれでも可能です
1.所定申込書に記入・捺印し参加料と共に申込先に送付する。
申込書請求は返信用封筒(住所 氏名明記 80円切手付)を実行委員会へ送付する。
申込先:武尊ヒルクライム実行委員会
〒182-0023 東京都調布市染地1-12-6 TEL:0424-43-6102 FAX:0424-43-6103

Tom-san,

I have tried to call that number several times, but no answer:eek:uch:

Naomi

Thank you Naomi-san. I sure hope everything is all right with Kodama-san...:eek:uch: He seemed so enthusiastic about this year's program including Giro de Hotaka when I last met him....

Tom-san,

I have tried to call that number several times, but no answer:eek:uch:

Naomi

Back
Top Bottom