What's new

Official Ride Giro de Hotaka 2008 (29th TCC Tour)

Travis - when we apply should we say Accommodation Required - "Yes" or "No".
"No" meaning that you are arranging on behalf of everyone ?
Thanks,
chazzer

Hey Charles, I think it would be best to write "Yes" - need accommodation.
I will then speak to Mr. Kodama to try and get everyone in the same place.

To everyone else, the list above has been amended. Thank you all for your prompt replies & PMs
Travis

Ta Travis.

Have just signed up for both the climb and the giro.

Richy "ゴールドラッシュ" 152

The question is, should I do both events or just one.
Deej

Definitely do both Deej ! Personally, I will do the Day 1 hillclimb as a little warm-up and then focus on the Day 2 "Giro" where I hope to beat the entire TCC bunch :D - yes, I'm challenging you too Deej to this one :eek: !! (as long as AlanW does not make a surprise appearance, I may have a chance....)

Dare to dream!

Definitely do both Deej !

Thanks. Will do, Tom.

Personally, I will do the Day 1 hillclimb as a little warm-up and then focus on the Day 2 "Giro" where I hope to beat the entire TCC bunch :D - yes, I'm challenging you too Deej to this one :eek: !!

Oh baby, I'm loving it! This forum needs more smack talk. Just don't feel jealous when I unleash the rage on race day and get offered a lucrative pro contract while still atop the podium. Even when getting paid millions to race in Europe, I won't forget you guys. Heck, I'll even sign your jerseys when I come for promo visits.

Deej

It's On!

Well all you guys are in big trouble because I'll be there (esp, you Deej, can't wait to have a showdown with you) and I'm not riding on Saturday so I'll be in top form for the Giro:). I rode it last year and I TOTALLY agree with Alan. It won't effect your Sunday performance AT ALL. Please ride the Saturday hill climb too:bike: Ha ha ha ha!

Seriously though, if you are going to ride it make sure you take warm clothing for the top because we had to wait around for ages last time freezing our butts off while the lactic acid crept into our systems.

Tom, I'm not sure if we met last year, but have a look on the result sheet and you'll see me. Goodluck on your quest to beat all TCC members! Looking forward to the challenge.

BTW, can I get a lift with someone? Please.

Tom, I'm not sure if we met last year, but have a look on the result sheet and you'll see me. Goodluck on your quest to beat all TCC members! Looking forward to the challenge.

Hi Mike, no I don't think we actually saw each other last time...wow, 4:45 fantastic time...certainly faster than my 5:11 if you took the same wrong road as the group I was in (....the infamous "Junction of Doom") !

This little Giro could turn into a pretty close match :D especially with AlanW joining as well + Thomas, Deej and many more youngsters who will be vying for a top-time finish !!

http://vlaamsewielrenner.blogspot.com/2007/11/giro-de-hotaka-im-sure-i-would-have.html

http://vlaamsewielrenner.blogspot.com/2007/11/giro-de-hotaka-results.html

Demon cyclist

Well all you guys are in big trouble because I'll be there (esp, you Deej, can't wait to have a showdown with you) and I'm not riding on Saturday so I'll be in top form for the Giro:). I rode it last year and I TOTALLY agree with Alan. It won't effect your Sunday performance AT ALL. Please ride the Saturday hill climb too:bike: Ha ha ha ha!

Just keep fueling the rage, guys. Plus, I'm gonna be so jacked-up on Vaam that I'll hardly be able to see straight. Decked out in my Stars and Stripes rubber skinsuit and time trial helmet so long that it ends at the base of my spine, I will be a God of Intimidation. As I stride confidently to the starting line, fellow racers will extend trembling hands to touch me, only to recoil in fear and awe upon realizing that I am far too hot to the touch to be any mere mortal.

"Be you a demon cyclist?" they will ask in small, quavering voices. "Aye," I will intone, my stentorian voice booming in their minds despite no movement of my lips, "that I be."

Deej

Just keep fueling the rage, guys. Plus, I'm gonna be so jacked-up on Vaam that I'll hardly be able to see straight. Decked out in my Stars and Stripes rubber skinsuit and time trial helmet so long that it ends at the base of my spine, I will be a God of Intimidation. As I stride confidently to the starting line, fellow racers will extend trembling hands to touch me, only to recoil in fear and awe upon realizing that I am far too hot to the touch to be any mere mortal.

"Be you a demon cyclist?" they will ask in small, quavering voices. "Aye," I will intone, my stentorian voice booming in their minds despite no movement of my lips, "that I be."

Deej

Was that the sound of a gauntlet being thrown down....?
gauntlet(1).jpg

Update 2.

Hello everyone.
This is just an update to let you all know that things are moving along smoothly.

1. After sending the names of the 13 people from the last updated "Update" to Mr. Kodama, he has replied saying that, "The entire TCC group will be staying at the same place, with accommodation for up to 20 people" – even though I originally said only 16.
He said however, that if TCC is unable to make up a complete 20, he will arrange for some of the race officials to make up the numbers (possibly Mr. Kodama, himself).
*Note: If TCC numbers exceed 20, any late entrants may be required to stay elsewhere.

He also asked if we had any preferences:

a). For numbers in each room; Namely, whether Alan & Naomi, and Nobuko & I would require a "2 person" couples room each.
I don't think this will be an issue, as I'm sure that the three girls (Naomi, Nobuko & Shinobu) will share a room, and the males (while bonding) will be fine with four or five 3-4 person rooms – in whichever one you put your luggage in first.

b). Does anyone have a preference for Western food over Japanese food for the evening meal?

c). If anyone has any specific knowledge of "minshukus" / "ryokans" / "pensions" in that area that might be preferable to the rest of us - ie. The name of a particular establishment?
If not, our place of residence for the night will be left to Mr. Kodama's own judgement (I'm prepared to leave it with him, if no-one else has any objections).

2. Recent additions: As well as Deej, "simon" (not "ponyman") has PMed and ask to join – Official welcome to Simon for joining us! Other people who are still thinking about it are, of course, more than welcome to join as well!
In addition to this, the official dead-line for applications is October 15. However, Mr. Kodama has given us TCC members an extension of this deadline (for those unable to decide until the last minute) up until November 3rd – one week before the race.
Please, try not to use this option unless absolutely necessary – We would prefer that all entries be finalized by mid October.
The list so far; with (Confirmed) meaning "confirmation of payment" according to the organizers. An asterisk * meaning "still to register" (as of Tuesday morning):

*Travis
*Nobuko
TOM (Confirmed)
Lee (Confirmed)
*Thomas
Charles (Confirmed)
*Pete
Phil (Confirmed)
*Keren (?)
*Mike
AlanW (Confirmed)
Naomi (Confirmed)
Shinobu (Confirmed)
*Deej
*Simon
*Aaron (?)
Philip (Confirmed)
*Kori Beyer (?)

3. This is for Sora-san: Do you think our "Jerseys" will be ready for this ride?
I think it would look great to have all of those TCC jerseys out there on the road!

4. Transportation: I don't really wish to deal with this aspect just yet, as the ride/race is still over 2 months away, and it is probably not necessary to start making arrangements yet until at least the middle of October. However, here is a little food for thought on the matter:
a). Car-pooling is definitely the most convenient way to get there. Options are:
- To find a fellow member with a vehicle large enough to carry you & your bikes, and then offer exorbitant amounts of "gasoline-money" and other free items to the driver.
- Get into a group (of 3 or 4 – with at least one person who holds a current driver's licence) and hire a van together; splitting all the costs.
b). Catch the early morning train to Numata, and then get on any bus bound for "Katashina-mura". Show the map to the bus driver, and he will show you the closest place to get off at.

For those who still wish to enter, please register via the following sites:
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/bicycle/race/
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/bicycle/race/indexe.htm

I guess that's it for now!
I will update the accommodation list with Mr. Kodama periodically.
Please get your registrations complete as soon as possible.

Thanks for now & Rubber Down!
Travis

Cheers Travis for organizing all that.

I can't remember the name of the place we stayed in last year but the owner woke me up and I'm sure quite a few others with her loud banging of dishes around 4am, possibly even earlier. It was as if she was throwing them on purpose to wake everyone up! I was just wondering if this is the same place and if possible let's not stay there!
Just my two cents worth!

shinobu-chan Naomi-san

そういうわけで、Hotakaでまた温泉に入りましょ:weight:

nobu☆

失敗・・・まだ続きが・・・
レースよりも楽しみにしてます:p
でも、不安なので、その前には山に登りたいな・・
ぜひ一緒に行こうね!
I'm looking forward to seeing you all:)

Definite Maybe

I was sceduled to be out of Japan on the weekend of the race but things look like they are changing. This ride is too good to miss, in spite of the lavender beer.

Put me down as a definite maybe. Looking good, but I will know better in another week or two. Travis, please put me on the lodging list.

Definite.

Hi Travis,

I have completed applications and paid for the hill climb and giro.

Can you add me to your list please.

My first bicycle race EVER! How exciting :)

Cheers,

Philip

Egg and chips

and a side order of jellied eels, pie and mash.....what's wrong with you Philip ?

All washed down with a crate of brown ale.

That's our London heritage and we should be proud of it. Just wait for 2012 when we unleash this on an unsuspecting throng of visitors to the bijou East End Olympic venues that are being carefully crafted by big Boris as we speak.

Might take a few seconds of your time too.....

Greasy spoons rule OK !!

chazzer

Japanese!

Japanese food! Minshiku western food is usually awful.

OK, have them send out to Tubby Isaacs for a bowl of jellied eels and some cockles as well.

Back
Top Bottom