What's new

Girl riding west of 'bunji

Pinkie B

Cruising
Jul 4, 2015
Hi,

I'm a serious cyclist looking to transition from serious commuting to serious racing. I'm damn fast for a girl, and usually put out 21-25 on solo rides (with traffc and lights. Don't know flat rolling speed).

My usual hood is Hachioji, Itsukaichi, Oume area, but I can make it as far as Kokubunji for a morning start.

I'd love to connect with people who can help me start racing. Even a regular riding group would be great.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Pink

You wanna talk smack? I dont even wait for the rain to stop!

When and where do you ride?

Haha.

I ride most days on the tonegawa and edogawa alone, then on weekends go on speed missions in the mountains of west saitama or the edge of tochigi.

Feel free to come along on the next group ride which will be next weekend. Was supposed to be tomorrow but it is raining.

Look at the Rides section of the website to see where we go.

Yeah, I checked those out. I can't sustain 30+kph with hills. And Tochigi is on the other side of Toky from me. There aren't trains that run early enough for me to make that.

I'm really looking for something that starts, say, west of Fuchu on the Tamagawa, or heads towards Sagamihara / Yamanashi. Didnt see any on the boards like that.

Then you might have luck checking in at the Nalshima Friend shop in Tachikawa. They have regular rides on Sundays with different ability groups, including a quick one, and a racing team.

I go often out that side of Tokyo on week-ends. Typical rides are Tomin, Wada Pass, Takao area.
We normally meet 6am not too far from Yamiuri Land train station. We could meet Takao 7:30ish.

oooh, I was just on their website by total chance. I did not know they were in Tachikawa. Will have a look.

I'm based out of Itsukaichi -- halfway between Oume and Takao, basically. I see tons of cyclists riding past on their way up to Tomin no Mori. I know Wada. Takao is decently easy for me to get to.

Is it cool if I join sometime? I'm hardcore, but still a girl. I'm always getting dropped and while I don't mind pushing hard, I know I'm still leagues behind most dudes. That's why I still haven't found a group, basically; most group rides are well beyond what I can keep up with on a good day.

Ahah, we can sort out something. Since my riding time is limited, I tend not to stop at combini stores.

Reactions: TCC
^ And if anyone ever wonders why women don't tend to stick around on TCC for very long, well, there's your answer.

@Pinkie B please ignore any sexist remarks. We don't judge based on your gender. The only thing we are interested in is how fast you can ride and how much you want to maintain the hammer.

@Pinkie B, I am woman rider and I usually train around Arakawa & Onekan, but sometimes ride around Okutama, Yamanashi, Nagano,etc.
I will be happy if we can train together. I will contact you when I ride out.

@Lupo , I like to ride around Okutama & Tominnomori, too. I hope to join your ride, I am still slow climber, though.

RE: Hammers

Give me the chance to hammer once and you may never get it back!

And RE: riding like a girl

Watch me, b*tch! I'll embarass the sh*t out of you that you DON'T ride like a girl.

Girl cyclists are the most hardcore there is. You don't survive in a sport controlled by men and for men if you're not tough.

If most guys put the time in that I do at the intensity that I do, they would be crying before they made it back to their mommy's house.

Do you know what it's like to chase wheels that can double your speed at 75% of your heart rate? On nearly every ride?
Do you know what it's like to get dropped every. single. time?
Do you know what it's like to feel like you have to apologize for your presence because you could never, ever, be fast enough to keep up and you know everyone is slowing down to wait for you on every. single. ride?
No?
Well then you don't know what it's like to ride like a girl.

Cuz that's what girls ride.

Riding like a girl = riding hardcore. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't dug deep enough.

And as a final note to TCC: Thank you. I appreciate your welcome. I look forward to the day I can put my wheels where my mouth is.

I did a great ride starting at Musashi Itsuka-ichi (I'm pretty sure it's the same station) the other weekend with @macrophotofly. I would love to do that one again, though the return leg was a bit demanding. Since we are coming from downtown Tokyo on a train, I think the earliest realistic start would have to be around 9:30 or 10:00, but if you're interested and if there's gonna be a repeat of it sometime soon why don't you come along. When the Half-fast bunch is riding it's more social, less pressure and I definitely don't think you'd be the slowest.

Back
Top Bottom