Sold! Gios Aerolite road bike approx 54cm approx 2006-07

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
Need to reduce the # of bikes because selling big house and moving to smaller place!

I bought this frame in very good condition used from Positivo (on Meguro Dori) around 8-9 years ago and built it up with used Ultegra 6600 10-speed parts for my son. He used it during high school and since, the last 4+ years, mostly just when back in town visiting on vacations and in summer. He was probably 172 or 173 cms tall when he got this, and ended up 185cms tall, and the bike accommodated him in that size range with seat and bar adjustments.
-- Ultegra 6600 (10 spd) components, well used and plenty of cosmetic damage, but still functional.
-- The only exception to the Ultegra groupset is a Sora compact crankset (50-34). The crankset seen in the photos, an FSA Team Issue with old, broken Quark power meter, has some problems and so I have swapped it out for reliable, basic Shimano Sora 10-spd crankset and BB. I also replaced the left (front derailleur) shifter outer cable, and cleaned a very gunky rear derailleur.
-- Ritchey Pro bars and stem.
-- Fizik Arione seat, with some damage/tearing, but still has some rides left in it.
-- Flat pedals as shown, or no pedals. I can swap on SPDs for a test ride.
-- Cateye basic cycle computer included (working w new batteries).
-- Rear light included (working w batteries). Just add a front light and bell to be "street legal".
-- The bike is shown with HED Jet 6 wheels, but I am selling several other sets of wheels as well. You will need to buy one of the wheelsets, or supply your own. Wheelsets will be listed on a separate thread.

-- Without wheels, asking 35,000 yen.

Since this is an older, used product, I prefer you to come by and take a look and try it. I do not want to ship it. I live in the Kaminoge/Futako Tamagawa area.

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
Update: the HED Jet 6 wheelset and the repurposed Reynolds/CX Ray/carbon clinchers set are now sold. So take a look at the 4 "other" wheels listed under the "but wait there's more" thread if you want wheels as part of the package with the Gios Aerolite. ... And if you don't like those choices, let me know and I can offer others I was on the fence about selling or keeping.

dgl2

Maximum Pace
Nov 3, 2007
Tokyo - Minato-ku
Here is an updated picture of the bike, with the Sora compact crank and two of the (many) potential wheels.
Bike - JPY 35,000.
Wheels - Sun XCD rear and Shimano 7700 front. Will include these two wheels with tires and QR skewers as a set for JPY10,000. So as shown the total is only JPY45,000. A great road bike for a student, a teenager, or swap out the pedals for your preferred type, and get 90-95% of the performance of a fancy new bike for 10-15% of the cost.