What's new

Getting Wheels trued

tigerkamen

Maximum Pace
Jan 6, 2012
My workhorse shimano's are slightly bent off axis after logging in 6000 kms.

I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a mechanic/shop. I'm usually the do-it-yourself kind of guy, but truing wheels are not in my skill set. Also...anybody know approximately how much it would cost?

follow up question: what's to true a wheel in japanese?

edit: I'm by Koenji Tokyo.

Last edited:
EFFECT is about 4 km from you down Kannana Dori. He is a mechanic for the Cannondale/Champion System pro team in Japan (I think that's what he said). Anyway, nice guy who builds wheels among other stuff and trued my front shimano ultegra wheel for me there and then. FarEast mentioned the place on here a while back.

Wheel truing is 1,000 yen according to his price list.

Last edited:
thanks guys. dropped by and had a chat with Hibiya-san. He's a real nice guy. got both my wheels trued for 2100. not bad at all.

EFFECT is about 4 km from you down Kannana Dori. He is a mechanic for the Cannondale/Champion System pro team in Japan (I think that's what he said). Anyway, nice guy who builds wheels among other stuff and trued my front shimano ultegra wheel for me there and then. FarEast mentioned the place on here a while back.

Wheel truing is 1,000 yen according to his price list.

Yes he is the Mechanic for the Cannondale/Champion System Pro team here in Japan and also on lone to the Pro Tour Team when they do the Asia rounds.

Great guy, Amazaing wheel builder and bloody good pricing.

Although I haven't made it to his shop yet, really good guy really and fast as rider too. Raced against him for my first time on a Japanese track when he was still a messenger and I still a student.

Oh if you do go take any bike bits that you want to get rid of - he has a swap box at the shop. So if you spot something you want swap it for something you don't need any more!

Back
Top Bottom