What's new

Getting a bike (Ikebukuro)

tigerkamen

Maximum Pace
Jan 6, 2012
Hi everybody. Finally in Japan! :)

The first couple of weeks here are like not having a limb without my bike :|

So can anyone recommend a good 2nd hand bike shop? or even a nice shop that's nearby? I live at ikebukuro 1 chome

Appreciating the help in advance! :)

EDIT:

Something at the level of a Giant TCR2

alloy frame, everyday training wheels, tiagra or 105 gruppo. (the STI has to be 105 at least) and a compact crankset.

6man budget for a 2nd hand, and maybe 9 man for a brand new giant tcr 2

174 cm height. so around a M or 52-54.

Something at the level of a Giant TCR2

alloy frame, everyday training wheels, tiagra or 105 gruppo. (the STI has to be 105 at least)

6man budget. for a 2nd hand, and maybe 9 man for a brand new giant tcr 2

174 cm height. so around a M or 52-54. :)

Well, have a quick glance at my signature for info of what I have up for grabs... :)

The Wilier Izoard XP 105/Tiagra 2012 at Wiggle is under 9 man, carbon frame, mostly 105 (FD is Tiagra). Not sure how it compares to the Giant TCR2.

Also the Cinelli Experience Tiagra 2012. Alu, internal cable routing. The brifters are Tiagra, but this year's Tiagra is last year's 105. Nothing wrong with Tiagra in my opinion.

The Wilier Izoard XP 105/Tiagra 2012 at Wiggle is under 9 man, carbon frame, mostly 105 (FD is Tiagra). Not sure how it compares to the Giant TCR2.

Also the Cinelli Experience Tiagra 2012. Alu, internal cable routing. The brifters are Tiagra, but this year's Tiagra is last year's 105. Nothing wrong with Tiagra in my opinion.

The only issue I have with the Tiagras are the external cable routings. if they're internal for 2013, I'd say tiagra outshines 105 in value for money. and I'm a bit of a clydesdale, so I'm not a fan of carbon :)

another criteria would be that the crank should be a compact.

The Cinelli is a compact (50/34), if you check the spec.

definitely on my list.

gonna go look at Tokyu hands in a couple of days. anywhere else you can recommend?
Hi, I'm in Ikebukuro too but 4chome.
I don't know if I would recommend Tokyu hands. There are loads of bike shops in Tokyo but probably the best for a road bike in Ikebukuro would be Ys near Sunshine http://www.jitensya.co.jp/shop/#ikebukuro02 If you go to their Shinjuku branch you can look at more bikes. Online retailers like Wiggle are cheaper but you can't try anything for size or take things back for adjustments.
Anyway, happy hunting hope you can find what you want. :D

Hi, I'm in Ikebukuro too but 4chome.
I don't know if I would recommend Tokyu hands. There are loads of bike shops in Tokyo but probably the best for a road bike in Ikebukuro would be Ys near Sunshine http://www.jitensya.co.jp/shop/#ikebukuro02 If you go to their Shinjuku branch you can look at more bikes. Online retailers like Wiggle are cheaper but you can't try anything for size or take things back for adjustments.
Anyway, happy hunting hope you can find what you want. :D

Just look for what you want online and try it out in person, but if you can its always best to support a local bike shop (LBS). There are few people here that sell and make bikes, or if you actually find a knowledgable and helpful shop support them if you can.

Just look for what you want online and try it out in person, but if you can its always best to support a local bike shop (LBS). There are few people here that sell and make bikes, or if you actually find a knowledgable and helpful shop support them if you can.

could you point me to one of em?

So I went by Y's ikebukuro.

the good news, they had the giant tcr 2 alloy. but no size. biggest was a XS which is way too small. Any more bike shops in the vicinity? Shinjuku-ku, toshima-ku, nakano-ku perhaps?

Hey,

I was in my LBS today, and saw a load of Giant TCR bikes.

They have one on sale, a TCR 3, reduced to 119,000yen. Sorry for the bad photos...

tcr1.jpg

tcr2.jpg

tcr3.jpg

tcr4.jpg

Thanks for that but I'm looking for the TCR model not the TCR composite. :)

alloy version.

Actually thats pretty expensicve! I picked up the TCR for new for 85,000 JPY with Taigra groupset! What is it with Tokyo prices??????

Actually that price is for the TCR2 not the Comp.

Back
Top Bottom