What's new

Getting a bike (Ikebukuro)

Actually thats pretty expensicve! I picked up the TCR for new for 85,000 JPY with Taigra groupset! What is it with Tokyo prices??????

Actually that price is for the TCR2 not the Comp.

Yeah that was Composite and in Saitama :)

still prices are rather high.

Was just showing the guy an example of a shop with TCRs in, that is all.

No idea of the prices as never shopped for one.

No worries mate and no need to get defensive - Im just always shocked that the prices sky rocket as soon as you cross the Tamagawa.

So. as Owen offered his frame to me at a fair price ( but still above my budget) I still can't muster up the time to go look around for parts, and other whatnot. Hoping I can drop by Shibuya this weekend to look around. wish me luck.

No worries mate and no need to get defensive - Im just always shocked that the prices sky rocket as soon as you cross the Tamagawa.

'A Beta trying to draw an Alpha into his frame' post, if ever I did see one.

Our local Sports Depot had their TCR`s a fraction below list price (5%) when I was in yesterday. They, or Sports Authority, are worth a try.

Our local Sports Depot had their TCR`s a fraction below list price (5%) when I was in yesterday. They, or Sports Authority, are worth a try.

doko?

tell me please? :)

I did a short 10k run at the palace today. Tokyo's too awesome not to own a real bike.

So I went around to Shibuya, hit Tokyu Hands, Nelsima Frends, and all the bike shops along the way.

kinda prices. Chepest I saw was the orbea Aqua for 8man (Sora)

TCR2 for 8.6man (tiagra)

and Spez Allez comp.

sizing was also a problem. all bikes are sized XS. pfffft.

Right now, I'm seriously leaning on collecting parts and building Owen's Caad.

Or is there a kind soul out there that is willing to order this for me and I'll pay genkin (cause I'm a student right now and I don't have a card)
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/boardman-race/

HI so I was hitting wiggle today and i thought it was free shipping to Japan?
It added 2man(getting 2 bikes at a time that's why it's 2man I got my friend interested). hmm could anybody enlighten me on this? :)

HI so I was hitting wiggle today and i thought it was free shipping to Japan?
It added 2man. hmm could anybody enlighten me on this? :)

Always read the fine print

"

International Frame Delivery

We deliver frames internationally but unfortunately due to their bulky size there are extra costs involved. We have kept our international delivery prices as low as we can and we are always working hard to get the very best deal for all of our international customers."

Always read the fine print

"

International Frame Delivery

We deliver frames internationally but unfortunately due to their bulky size there are extra costs involved. We have kept our international delivery prices as low as we can and we are always working hard to get the very best deal for all of our international customers."

Thanks dude. must've missed that.

I'd sell you my bike for 100,000 'de-tuned' a bit, if you like. Basically you'd get 501 wheels (instead of carbon), Microshift Levers (instead of Ultegra) and OE brakes. The size is perfect for you, btw, and the frame alone is better than anything you'll get from a major brand at 2x or 3x the cost. So -the spec would be:

51cm frame (actually it's a tad shorter) , but perfect for 170 - 177 cm rider with normal reach.

Ultegra RD, FD, Crankset (36/50)
OE brakes, MS Brifters
Deda post, stem, bars (Z-1 series)
Used Keo EZ pedals
105 Cassette (I'm keeping my bastard DA/Ultegra)
Ultegra Chain (new)
Ultegra BB
BG Saddle - nothing fancy, but it's someplace to start until you decide which over-priced saddle you want.

Credentials -

1) Lots of KOM's and pretty fast climbs (and descents) racked up on this puppy.

2) Haute Route finisher. Not many bikes in Japan can claim that. Completely troublefree over 800km of the toughest routes in Europe. Speeds of 90kph+ and extended climbs over 8% and 15km included.

I'll even throw in a carbon bottle cage, new bar tape and a set of cleats.

TigerKamen, check out the classifieds - my pina might appeal to you :)

Actually the external shift cables are better shifting than the internal. Also, much easier to change cables and they last alot longer, too.

The only issue I have with the Tiagras are the external cable routings. if they're internal for 2013, I'd say tiagra outshines 105 in value for money. and I'm a bit of a clydesdale, so I'm not a fan of carbon :)

another criteria would be that the crank should be a compact.

Back
Top Bottom