What's new

Gentle Ride - Sagamiko loop

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
I need to recover from 2 weeks of heavy training so I will be doing a gentle Sagamiko loop, Instead of turning off at the bottom of Takao/Otarumi I intend to ride around Sagamiko and then back.

This is a good ride for intermediate riders as the pace will be around 26-30 km/h.

Meeting point is the Tamagawara Bashi on the Tamagawa river.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...d=0XCc54RdFHizJM44LKZwBw&cbp=12,304.6,,0,6.83

What time ?

I'm interested in what you would call "gentle". I was out in the mountains today and need to do consecutive rides to train for touring in August so some one to gently chase would be great.

Meeting time is 7am at the bridge as I don't want to rride in the heat and also get back for lunch.

It will be a cruise pace.... im not out to break any records and my buddy Yair is recovering from illlness so we are looking at a nice social pace of around 27-30kph on the flats.

Im happy for anyone to attack Otarumi and then wait at the top and apart from that climb I can't see any others on the route I want to take.

Like I said my legs are very sore from two weeks heavy training so this is going to be a flat spin for me as i need to have them in tip top condition for next weekends race in Gunma.

I'll see you there at 7am James! I hope my legs will be OK after pushing it a bit today. Either way, it's character building!

Anyone else coming from Tokyo via Shinjuku area? If so, it could be nice to ride out together. I'm planning on heading out Highway 20.

That's the bridge by Noborito, right? Sorry, my cell phone won't load your map.

I'll be there! unless I get lost on the way ... in which case don't wait. With no gps map sometimes getting unlost takes hours.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

James
Hi!
I want to ride with you guys.
But,I go out to TOKYO hill climb Okutama stage tomorrow.
Let's ride again another time...!

Fumiki

Fumiki-san ! Ganbatte yo!! We want you among the TOP-10 finishers !
You can do it !;)

James
Hi!
I want to ride with you guys.
But,I go out to TOKYO hill climb Okutama stage tomorrow.
Let's ride again another time...!

Fumiki

Tom-san
Got it!!

But I have a bit problem of right knee.
So I couldnt ride a bike well last few weeks.
(let me say my excuse:D)

Any results,I upload photos on tcc gallery.

Pete-san
Good luck yo men too!!
And care.
It's gonna be really gentle(men's hard training) ride again,I promise it!

Hikiashi

Fumiki-san yo!!!...don't think a second about the pain...do the contrary, "pain & punish" that stuborn right knee instead using HIKIASHI as much as you can (your knee will be thankful afterwards :eek:) IF YOU CAN'T PUSH IT, PULL IT !!!

Tom-san
Got it!!

But I have a bit problem of right knee.
So I couldnt ride a bike well last few weeks.
(let me say my excuse:D)

Any results,I upload photos on tcc gallery.

Fumiki....its NOT A SOCIAL RIDE! :D

Stretch out a lot and warm the knee up....use Tiger balm, deep heat or Pro UP GEL.

Good luck and race hard, you are very strong!

Great ride today with Kori and Yair.... sorry for the magical mystery tour just off Fujino!

That was a lot of fun! Those small roads are such a maze of onion gardens and love hotels...

It was a good time and thank you for waiting and the encouragement! Much appreciated!

Good luck on your race next week!

Back
Top Bottom