What's new

GB Cycle Team

chazzer

Speeding Up
Nov 23, 2006
Please pardon the gloating, at least for a minute !

Being English I have become used to us getting our collective a*** spanked in various sporting arenas over very many years. The odd highlight apart (e.g. Rugby World Cup in Oz), it has been a never ending story of shame and humiliation, punctuated by occasional moments of high drama and farce. This years Euro footie non-qualification and Eddie the Eagle prove the point. We like Eddie in England as he stands for all we love best !

So, how great it is to see the GB team taking nine, yes nine golds in the World Championships !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/7320438.stm

Before I get flamed by Alan W, I should of course point out that Chris Hoy, the only man in cycling history to be world champion in all four events open to him, is a Scot. I wish we could be team GB more often !

http://81.143.93.225/chrishoy/

Wow !! Roll on the Olympics :D

Charles

9 Golds - Team GB

At last we (GB) have a sport that we are actually good at.
9 down 1 to go
Victoria Pendleton should win the Kierin today to bring the toal to 10 gold and 1 silver!!
Looking good for Beijing.

expected to see some comments from the Oz guys on the site lamenting over their lack of medals - Just to make the aussies feel better we do have an aussie coach on the team :D

Rule Britannia!!!

churchillvsign.jpg

Don't follow track cycling much at all, but I've been hearing more and more about that British team--they've been the country to beat for a few years now, haven't they? Would be nice if some more of those riders cross over into the pro ranks like Wiggins has...

The Empire Strikes Back

Awesome performance by the British team :thumb:

We have some handy downhill racers too (even some world champions)
Steve Peat
Tracey Mosely
the Athertons
Ffion Griffiths
Helen Gaskell

all competing at the top level.

From The Times
March 26, 2008
Monty Panesar spins England to series victory: England beat New Zealand by 121 runs . . .

Its a start :)

Philip

From The Times
March 26, 2008
Monty Panesar spins England to series victory: England beat New Zealand by 121 runs . . .

Its a start :)

Philip

Beating NZ at cricket does not count as being good. Sorry Philip, I had to say it. (I have the tin hat in place for RWC-themed come backs.)

Back
Top Bottom