What's new

garmin products on discount in chainreaction

mrkamot

Maximum Pace
Dec 28, 2010
persuading my wife now :p and yes, i would probably give her a gift that costs more than 2x than that. the realities of being a husband:bike:

Buy first show later and always emphasis the discount! Keep things simple and they stay simple!

Wives, or Garmins?

Wives... if I want something, and I can afford it, I buy it. I suppose it's all in how you've developed, and maintained the dynamics of your relationship. As for Garmins, the non-Japanese Garmin will work just fine in Japan. A lot of TCC members including myself use UUD maps.

and yes, i would probably give her a gift that costs more than 2x than that. the realities of being a husband:bike:

My wife understands very well that we have "一つの財布" (one wallet). Monetary bribes don't work with her. A back or foot massage however or fixing a meal...

Wives... if I want something, and I can afford it, I buy it. I suppose it's all in how you've developed, and maintained the dynamics of your relationship.

Let me paraphrase that: "If I want something and I can do it, I do it."
I am just trying to teach my little daughter (2 years) that that's the wrong mindset for life but she is not so open to logical arguments as you might be . So replace 'something' with any sparse, shared resource and imagine an significant amount (e.g. time, money,...) and replace 'I' with 'Her' and let me know if you still support your statement ...

What's wrong with that?

My wife want to eat whale meat, we are at the sushi shop, she can eat it?
She wants a guchi handbag, she can afford it, she gets it.

She certainly doesn't have to beg my permission.

I don't see the problem?

That's definitely not my reality! :p

Nor mine, the poor thing knew exactly what she was getting herself in to before she signed the official papers.

The price seems to be better on Wiggle.

At least on this version Garmin Edge 800 GPS Performance Bundle

Chain reaction has it at a bit higher

With the UUD latest version, though, the price is not much better than an 800J. Decisions, decisions...

No need to make up my mind right now and maybe the price will come down further with xmas sales and the like.

But correct me if I'm wrong but you would still need to purchase the Japanese map bundle seperately, would you not?

What's wrong with that?

My wife want to eat whale meat, we are at the sushi shop, she can eat it?
She wants a guchi handbag, she can afford it, she gets it.

She certainly doesn't have to beg my permission.

I don't see the problem?

Blob, I was talking about "your shared, sparse resources". Whales might be sparse but more on a global scale. So let me look for an easier example for you ... maybe here
As all guys with families know cycling has a habit of encroaching into the weekend when there are plenty of other demands on time."
Key word in this case is "time"! If I read that thread it sounds to me that this guy needs to beg to get allowance to go out cycling on the weekend. Well, if he would have managed the dynamics of his relationship correctly he would just do it, right?

But correct me if I'm wrong but you would still need to purchase the Japanese map bundle separately, would you not?
The Edge 800J is only sold with a Garmin-approved Japanese language map; either Topo or routable City Navigator with POI. The UUD map has both routable road map and topo data in one product.

Wiggle Edge 800 ¥33,661
UUD v5 download version ¥16,800
Total ¥50,461

vs

Edge 800J ¥59,980

That's several beer's worth of difference, boys, even in Roppongi. ("Look how much I saved, honey!")

I guess it depends how much you like reading kanji.

I guess it depends how much you like reading kanji.

That`s it for me.

With place names being a wee bit tough at the best of times I have a choice to make. Local would be fine but further afield and I`d struggle. Leaning towards the English version;)

Key word in this case is "time"! If I read that thread it sounds to me that this guy needs to beg to get allowance to go out cycling on the weekend. Well, if he would have managed the dynamics of his relationship correctly he would just do it, right?

He does do it. It is my choice to spend time with my family not anyone elses.

Obviously if there was something that was going to impact the welfare and well being of my family I would be taking that into consideration. The example given of buying a Garmin Edge 800 doesn't fall into that category for me. Something like a new sports car might. I would definitely discuss that with my wife. To be clear, I'm not advocating being irresponsible or selfish. I'm advocating being an alpha male at least in your own home.

errr, i didn't know this garmin post would be something about being an alpha male. never felt the need :) whatever works for your "dynamic" in your relationships is good :)

aaaannnyyyway, thanks for the information about the japanese maps! i am moving towards the edge 500 because of the ANT+ feature (if I decide to use that down the road)

cheers!

from your friendly neighborhood pussy whipped husband :p

To be clear, I'm not advocating being ... selfish. I'm advocating being an alpha male ...

"not selfish ... just alpha-male "
Arghh, there is it again the contradiction in just one paragraph :mad:.

Pete, I didn't know you were alpha male. In the future I am going to keep that in mind to filter your statements :D.

The example given of buying a Garmin Edge 800 doesn't fall into that category for me. Something like a new sports car might. I would definitely discuss that with my wife.

Haha, then why don't you go for the SRM, why still waiting? It's the best and most-pro power meter out there (it's so cheap compared to a sports car).

BTW - alpha males should like STRAVA - I like it :cool:

errr, i didn't know this garmin post would be something about being an alpha male. never felt the need :) whatever works for your "dynamic" in your relationships is good :)

aaaannnyyyway, thanks for the information about the japanese maps! i am moving towards the edge 500 because of the ANT+ feature (if I decide to use that down the road)

cheers!

from your friendly neighborhood pussy whipped husband :p

LOL... yeah, sorry for the thread drift! For the record, the Edge 800 is also ANT+.

Back
Top Bottom