What's new

Tech Garmin invalid file

Chuck

Maximum Pace
Feb 7, 2011
Tried to upload my latest ride and it wouldn't load. Says invalid file. Did a bit of research and looks like this can happen if the unit is running out of memory. So, I've saved my activities onto my computer and deleted all my activity files from the Garmin.

So, has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Tried to upload my latest ride and it wouldn't load. Says invalid file. Did a bit of research and looks like this can happen if the unit is running out of memory. So, I've saved my activities onto my computer and deleted all my activity files from the Garmin.

So, has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?
This set of tools can deal with most problems.

Andy

Did you get it sorted, @Chuck?

I had unfortunately moved the file from my Garmin to the trash and when I looked in the trash I couldn't find the file...so I couldn't try to fix the file. It was just a local ride anyway so probably not worth the bother of trying to fix the file. But, I did a short test spin today after deleting my activities and freeing up memory and the ride recorded and uploaded w no problems.

I had unfortunately moved the file from my Garmin to the trash and when I looked in the trash I couldn't find the file...so I couldn't try to fix the file. It was just a local ride anyway so probably not worth the bother of trying to fix the file. But, I did a short test spin today after deleting my activities and freeing up memory and the ride recorded and uploaded w no problems.

If you just want to log the ride in terms of distance or training time, you can select "manual upload" from the same tab where you select to upload rides in the top right corner of the screen.

Andy

When I still had my Garmin I religiously made sure I stayed far away from the disk space limit on the device (Edge 500).

Every month or so I would move all files to a local archive folder on the file server, on top of copying the latest .fit file off right after I got home. With that routine I never got close to running out of space.

Back
Top Bottom