What's new

Garmin HR monitor fix

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all
I know lots of people have been having a problem with their garmin heart rate monitors. They give false readings and produce spikes which mess up your data. I've been experimenting with different techniques and recently found a really cheap solution. Before putting the strap on, urinate on the two contacts. Just a little is fine. You don't need to soak it. The electrolytes in your urine will allow the sensor to pick up the faint electronic signals up better.

Well, Urine luck, as I have a bit of spare time to piss about with the Wee-ki. Will get it input, flush the database, and see if this lifts the lid on the issue for anyone looking for answers.

Or you could wash the strap more often......? Unless you like pissing on your clothing :)

That said, love the Garmin strap comfort wise but get crazy readings on it sometimes. At one point I thought I was having heart issues as it kept reading ~90bpm when I was going decently hard.

What was that 'whoosh' sound?

@Trek DJ i find the newer garmin straps with the extra fabric sensor on it pretty good. I do get the odd spike but its not too bad. Far more reliable is the polar soft strap. I converted mine to work with garmins and I've never looked back. Almost never get any erroneous readings (and when I do, it's because I didn't wet the contacts).

Was the fact that this was posted on April Fool's Day just a coincidence...?
No coincidence. The first post was, of course, a joke, but the bit about the polar strap with the garmin HR transmitter is true. It works really well.

No coincidence. The first post was, of course, a joke, but the bit about the polar strap with the garmin HR transmitter is true. It works really well.

Half true, half gibberish. Just how I like it! Or do I?*

*I do

Back
Top Bottom