What's new

Help Garmin .fit file editing

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Guys and gals,

Is there anyone here that can edit garmin fit files. The battery in my powertap died today and as it was going it sent some massive spike readings to the garmin and I need to basically strip the power data completely from the file in order for it to be useful.

Can anyone help?

Yeah I do it on golden cheetah. You can search for ranged numbers and edit from there.

Golden Cheetah rocks - but if you use it with PowerTap - watch out! The FTDI driver pack is different between GC and PowerAgent.. Since I use PowerAgent to service hubs and straps - I generally install GC without a driver pack and just rely on direct file import / export.

Download it onto training peaks and there is an edit option there.

Found the answer on Training peaks. Thanks Basil

1. open the file in WKO+
2. go to the Graph tab
3. go to edit> Discard channels
4. select Power, click OK
5. click the file icon to 'Save Workout'

Now all I need to do is find out how to do the same in STRAVA!

Delete, re-upload (from the edited file, not the original data on the device)! You only lose the Kudos.

No need to worry as the spikes have been spotted and set the power to zero on STRAVA - times are really the only important thing on that site any how.

Found the answer on Training peaks. Thanks Basil

1. open the file in WKO+
2. go to the Graph tab
3. go to edit> Discard channels
4. select Power, click OK
5. click the file icon to 'Save Workout'

Thanks for summarizing.
Now, can one do the same with Golden Cheetah?

Golden Cheetah has a filter to 'de-spike' the data as well. Then you can save the session into a new file. You can also manually edit all the entries.

Back
Top Bottom